Dilza Chang, Real Estate Pro in Woodside, Queens, NY

How to block the address from being posted on advertise? I don't want to give the address on my ads

Asked by Dilza Chang, Woodside, Queens, NY Wed Jul 15, 2009

I don't want to expose the property address on my ads

Answers

4
I never understood this. May I ask why? As a Buyer I find it a waste of everyone's time to track down an address that could have been supplied from the get go.

Before even considering to actually walk through a property I always do a driveby to survey the neighborhood. Without the address this can't be accomplished without first contacting an agent to obtain the info which often leaves the agent with a false sense of interest on your part. I've been pestered by agents for weeks following up on address inquiries that I ultimately had no interest in once I found out the location. Honestly, unless I absolutely HAVE to see the property for some reason or another, I skip over those properties without addresses all together.

P.S.
Before anyone gets in a tizzy, I AM working with an agent who has since proven himself to be useless. Rather than sifting through the equally useless agents out there until I find one who could actually assit us I've chosen to just handle our search myself.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jul 15, 2009
Hi Dilza,

Welcome to Trulia Voices and thank you for your question. Since you've manually submitted your listing to us, you have the ability to edit it and specify that we don't display the address.

Access the link below to navigate to the My Listings section of your account and select the link to 'Edit listing details'. Then, select the option to edit the listing information. On the editing page, above the address field you'll find an option that says 'Don't publicly display listing address.' Check that option, save your changes, and our display will update within 24 to 36 hours at which time the address will be removed.

Please let us know if you have any difficulties with this process or if you have any further questions or concerns.

Best Wishes,

Emily Gibson
Community Moderator
Hi Ditza,If you are talking about MLS? when broker loading there is a a section at the very end where it asks if you will uploading your own photo? right after that asks if you want the address to be published on the web? enter N. Otherwise the address goes out to all other websites that your company submits to.

As stated by curious Newb- giving out the address doesn't guarantee a sale nor does it mean you are buying when you call- but when you have several listings in the area-simply allows the agent to possibly give you other options. Sorry you have been so turned off-many agents are not making any money-need to rethink the old train of thought. Terry K 718-614-3167 cell or therese.korahais@elliman.com
Dilza, from the Realtor point of view, I agree with the first answer. Why would you want to have an appointment set to see your property, the buyer finally gets the address and doesn't like the neighborhood....now he's either a no-show or a big waste of everyone's time because he has no intention of purchasing.

Buyers look at the surroundings first before setting appointments when they have the address...
Web Reference: http://GailGladstone.com