Using Trulia in 33305>Question Details

Edward Armst…, Renter in Wilton Manors, FL

How recent are the ads?

Asked by Edward Armstrong, Wilton Manors, FL Wed May 16, 2012

I have responded to several ads and no response? Is it because the properties are rented by the time they are advertised? I know apartments go fast, so I respond as soon as I see a new ad. I am not getting any calls or emails. I was hoping to get away from using Craigslist . Although the ads on cl are recent , I have to sift through a lot of scam ads. Please advise

Answers

6
Good morning Edward. Make your life easier and contact a Realtor. They will have the most up to date information on what's still available and they'll be able to guide you to the right property for you. The Greater Fort Lauderdale area is in the midst of a VERY hot rental market at the moment and properties move extremely quickly. You need to be prepared and ready to go and you need an experienced professional to help you. Most of those Craigs Lists listings don't even belong to the listing agent.

Renting isn't that different from buying a house, you want to work with your own Realtor, not the listing agent. It doesn't cost you anything and the benefits are tremendous!

Good luck! If I can help, let me know.

Angela
Villa G Realty, Inc.
Tel: 954-816-7996
Web Reference: http://www.villagrealty.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed May 16, 2012
Work through an agent so that you have access to rentals that are actively listed on the MLS. In my area here in NJ rentals are moving very fast so you want to have your finger on the pulse. As with properties listed for sale, your agent should be ablet to set you up for automatic updates of new listings -- that way you are alerted of new listings and can act quickly.

Best of luck to you,
Jeanne Feenick
Unwavering Commitment to Service, Unsurpassed Results
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed May 16, 2012
Thank you Jeanne. You are right. Rentals are going quickly. I should find an agent that I can trust. In the past they have all been not in my best interest. For example when we looked at a property, the agent would whisper in my ear "take it take it", I take my time and make careful decisions if it does not feel right. When it feels right , I act on it
Flag Wed May 16, 2012
Hi Edward,

Have you tried using our Rental app? It will send push notifications to your phone as soon as a new rental property is listed so that you'll never miss another opportunity again:

iPhone: http://bit.ly/HVsB2a
Android: http://bit.ly/KtUxWL

If I can help with anything else, let me know!

Andrew
Community Manager, Trulia Voices
Edward,

You are correct, homes for rent are being scooped up quickly. However, whomever you are contacting should get back to you, even if the rental you inquired about is no longer available.

Here's another resource for viewing rentals by price: http://luxurylivingfortlauderdale.com/fort-lauderdale-luxury…

Let me know if you have questions or need help.

Chad Gray, Realtor
Luxury Living Fort Lauderdale
754-300-6040
Hi Edward,

I would be happy to help you find a place. I can send you rental properties as soon as they come on the market and schedule appointments to see them at your earliest convenience. My company's flagship office is in the heart of Wilton Manors so we have many listings and often hear about them before they hit the market. Please feel free to call, text or email me day or night with any questions.

I look forward to helping you find your new home!

Kate Stout
954.895.6939
kmstout@gmail.com

Castelli Real Estate Services
Ed, I agree with Jeanne, call up a local real estate agent. (Not me, Wilton Manors is too far for a rental!)
Since you're having a bit of difficulty, if your credit rating is good, and you have stable employment, highlight those facts in your email or phone call.