General Area in Friendswood>Question Details

Belinda.boyd, Home Owner in Friendswood, TX

How many homes in Wilderness Trails have foundation problems. We have an estimate for $15,000 for foundation problems. We've replaced all

Asked by Belinda.boyd, Friendswood, TX Wed Jun 22, 2011

piping too

Answers

2
Rose King’s answer
Belinda,
Foundation problems are common in the Houston area. Unfortunately, our soil is not foundation-friendly! The original section of Wilderness Trails is not really different than any other neighborhood where the homes are the same age as yours. The first homes built in the "Pines" section did have a lot of foudation problems. The builder eventually started building the homes with builder's piers and extra-enforced slabs. Those homes have been okay so far (knock on wood...I live in one of them).

I have a foundation company that I recommend to my clients. I will be happy to give you their name and contact info. You can email me at rose@rosekingrealtor.com and I will send it to you. Good luck!

Rose King
Hi Belinda,
I thought there was a class action suit many years ago vs. Standard Pacific for Wilderness Trails because the dirt was not properly prepared before they started building. Tree stumps were not ground below grade, etc. and this caused cavities under the new slabs when the stumps finally started to decompose. I may be wrong about it, but that is what I remember hearing. Get a few quotes. I have seen quite a bit of disparity in foundation estimates from company to company. You might also get more info from long-time owners in the neighborhood. Good luck, Ruth Ann