Home Selling in Buffalo>Question Details

Al + Vivian…, Both Buyer and Seller in Buffalo, NY

How hard is it to sell my Carriage House separately Fro the Main house what does this entail?

Asked by Al + Vivian Robinson, Buffalo, NY Sun May 3, 2009

I was selling them together but there is a lot of interest in sell them separate.

Answers

1
you will need to check a number of things these include, how is the parcel identified in the public records now, is it one tax id with 1 deed, title, survey exc. If this is the case you will need to make sure you are legally able to make the split in your city or town without any permit procedure, such as a varience. Secondly if you are able to split the property and sell them seperatly you will simply need to then provide seperate title searchs, surveys and deeds when you transfer the property so there may be some additional costs associated with this sale, and lastly you may also want to consult with a tax professional to make sure there are no unanticipated capitol gains obligations, which is often dependent on how you have treated the tax status of the propertys while you have owned them. If you need any additional info I can be reached at my website listed below, and would be happy to help.
Web Reference: http://www.c21jerry.com