Using Trulia in Dallas>Question Details

Greg Fowler, Real Estate Pro in 75238

How does Trulia deal with syndication data differences?

Asked by Greg Fowler, 75238 Tue Apr 13, 2010

I am using multiple vendors that provide syndication services - how does Trulia determine which data to use if there is a difference in the data between Postlets, vFlyer, Listhub, Point2 or any of the other syndication providers out there?

Answers

3
Hi Greg,

Welcome to Trulia Voices and thank you for posting your question.

Our system currently gives listings priority to listing submissions in the following order.

Franchisor --> Broker --> Agent --> MLS --> Aggregator

Because Listhub syndicates listing information from the MLS, it is considered an MLS source, and because Point2 hosts agent websites, it is considered an agent source. Postlests and vFlyer are considered aggregator sources.

Please note however that as a Trulia Pro subscriber you can select with listing source we use for our display and that will also change the link we include on the property details page to 'View more details' about the listing. If you would like to update your listing source at any time, go to the My Listings section of your account (you can go their directly via the link below) and then select the option to 'Edit listing details'. You'll then find the option to edit your listing source and we will allow you to choose from all the sources that send information to us for that particular listing. Once you make your selection our display should update within 24 hours to reflect the source you chose.

I hope this answers your questions. If you have any others or if you have any feedback to share with us, please let us know.

Best Wishes,

Emily Gibson
Community Moderator
Dennis,

Thanks for the attempt, but I'm not sure what Seller requests have to do with the question I posed. Let me attempt to clarify. I am trying to ascertain which data sources will overwrite others, and which will be ignored. For example, on Yahoo! Real Estate, the following hierarchy is posted:

"We often receive the same listing from multiple sources. Yahoo! Real Estate’s system uses the following hierarchy to rank the duplicate listings and selects the one with the highest rank for displaying on the site:
1. Featured Listings
2. Self Submit - non featured
3. Brokers/ Franchisors
4. Listing aggregators / MLSs"

Does anyone know the hierarchy for Trulia?
Probably best direct those question to Trulia staff members in a direct email
Web Reference: http://www.lynn911.com