Using Trulia in 55306>Question Details

Daniel Weber, Both Buyer and Seller in Burnsville, MN

How do I list my house on trulia, FSBO?

Asked by Daniel Weber, Burnsville, MN Thu May 17, 2012

Answers

5
As mentioned by other respondents, you aren't able to place a listing on Trulia as FSBO.
If you are looking for a local real estate agent to provide insight, answer questions, etc... contact me. I would be happy to help.
This is one of the reasons Trulia is not nearly as well known or used as Zillow. The FSBO listing is FREE on Zillow and MUCH easier to use than Trulia.
You can't on Trulia. You may want to check out Zillow.com, they will allow you to, for a fee. You can also post on Craigslist or looking into a "limited listing", where an agent puts it on the local MLS for you but that is all they do.

If you have not at least spoken with a local Realtor about your listing, what they charge, what they would list it for & etc, I would encourage you to do that. I have seen several instances where a seller listing their property themselves (FSBO) thinking they would save money (not paying a commission) only in the end they net less than had they worked with an experienced and licensed Realtor.

Best of luck.

Spirit
Web Reference: http://www.zillow.com/
If you are a for sale by owner the post is not allowed, you can however try blogging about the property; if and when you do list with an agent, he/she can post it for you, ask; or consider any flat fee realty company that feeds into the site.
I'm not sure you can post a listing on Trulia unless you're an agent. Is it on the MLS? If it is, then it will be listed on Trulia as a kind of open listing. Or, if you are using one of the FSBO companies, it will list with their company agents if they have a profile. There's a link on the top of the home page that says "submit your listing", but that may be because I have a profile.

I would go to the contact us portion on trulia and pose that question in an e mail to them.