Using Trulia in Lancaster>Question Details

Kylewagner, Home Owner in Lancaster, PA

How do I list my home FOR SALE?

Asked by Kylewagner, Lancaster, PA Thu Sep 29, 2011

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/homes/Pennsylvania/Lancaster/sold/1032…

Answers

14
Hi Kyle,

I'm not sure if you're working with an agent already, but if so he or she can submit your listing to Trulia via the link below for free.

Best Wishes,

Emily
Wow! Quite a few different answers to dig through. As with any big decision, I would be very careful with who you choose. Every Realtor runs their business differently and has areas of expertise. Some offer free evaluations, some try to scare you into calling them and others talk about their marketing plan.

Interview them, get comfortable with them and always right in the listing contract a cancellation clause. We do it every time, for every seller. That way, if you don't like them or it just simply isn't the right fit you can part ways and list your home with someone else. Don't hire the Realtor that offers the highest listing price for your home or the lowest. Hire the one you trust the most! I'd like to interview for the job. Call me to discuss your options. My cell humber is 380-4212. I'm happy to help you.
Hi, Kyle;
Unfortunately, no one has mentioned what are possibly the most valuable and important issues in putting together the team to best represent your needs.
(1) Dual representation. Pennsylvania Real Estate Law says that it is legal for the same agent who lists YOUR home to also represent the Buyer AGAINST you. There is little difference between this situation and your lawyer attempting to represent an insurance company against you in the same lawsuit.

Would you feel comfortable being a client in this situation?

When you sign a standard PAR (Pennsylvania Association of Realtors) listing agreement, it automatically gives your agent that right. Most agents will sweep this little known fact under the rug, glossing over this small paragraph in the listing agreement. Unless the agent specifically disavows this practice, (and few do) it is written in the agreement that you agree to give them this right. Many agents even encourage this practice by offering a step down commission rate to entice you to allow them to do it.

Our company does not agree with this clear conflict of interest. Make sure you ask this very important question: "How will you (the listing Agent) handle incoming Buyer calls about my house? Will you work against me?" The answer may surprise you.

(2) Always hire an Agent based upon competence FIRST without regard for their "complimentary valuations". These valuations are frequently designed to "out-bid" other Agents so that you'll choose the Agent with lesser competence who just gave you the highest "sale" number. This practice does not demonstrate professionalism and ultimately harms the Seller.

Kyle, just make sure you interview at least three Agents from threee different companies. It can be a lot of work, but it's well worth it to get the most out of your life's biggest financial investment.

Good luck! Kind regards, Mark Lipka (717) 940-9336 (call or text ANY time) (c:
House Sale Advisors
Hi Kyle,
Oh my you recd. lots of responses. They are all correct and have good info for you. In answer to you question, you just call me and I'll take care of it for you. I would show you my marketing plan and do a market analysis to show you where you should list your home.

Thank you for your question, and have a great day. Please contact me at 717-682-1266
Hello Kyle,
That's a great question and I'd love to help you through the process of home selling. As an Accredited Staging Professional (ASP), I can give you some Staging Secrets to help your home outshine the competition. Several of my past clients would be more than happy to talk with you about their experience working with me if that would be helpful. Please call me at 587-2046 or email me at CherylFuss@CherylFuss.com so that we can talk more about how we might be able to work together. I would appreciate the opportunity to "fuss" over you.
Thanks.
Cheryl A. Fuss, REALTOR
ABR, ASP, CRS, GRI, MCSP, SRES
Gateway Realty
120 North Pointe Blvd., Suite 200
Lancaster, PA 17601
717-560-5500 office
717-587-2046 mobile
Let Cheryl "Fuss" Over You!
Web Reference: http://CherylFuss.com
Typically you'll want to talk with several agents and get a feel for their approach to marketing a home AND for your comfort level with their style and personality. Any agent should be able to provide a evaluation of your home, pricing, competition and strategy...as well as their plan to market the home. If you'd like to connect so we can ask and answer the questions that are important to us I believe will know quickly whether or not we are a match for one another. No pressure, just a good chance to connect, "test the water" and see how another agent might approach things. You can email me at mikejulian@reamax.net or call (717) 449-0522
Kyle,

I would be happy to provide with a complimentary evaluation of your home. I will help you decide what steps to take to prepare your home for market, what the price you should ask for your home, and provide you with a winning marketing plan to get your home sold. Call me @717-606-9075 or email me at cwagner@prudentialhomesale.com schedule a time to meet and let me show you how I will exceed your expectations!
Curtis Wagner
We will come out to your home and take some time to discuss with you the home selling proess. Please send me your phone number so I can call you to make an appointment. Thank you
Kyle,

Give me a call I will be happy to show you my marketing program. I personally sold over 20M in sales in Lancaster County last year. I think you should interview 3-4 Realtors in person. Please respond, because we always wonder if these questions are from real clients.

Jim Pappas
717-314-4099
http://www.jimpappasrealestate@yahoo.com
I'd appreciate the opportunity to meet with you and discuss the process. You can reach me by email at mbrosey@prudentialhomesale.com or call 717-286-9875.
Give me a call when you get a chance. The best way to move foward would be to schedule a time to meet to help you decide how to proceed with the sale of your home. I will do a market analysis to determine the value of your home and we can discuss your goals and objectives. Call me anytime...717-475-0378

-Jesse Hersh, Prudential Homesale Services Group
Hello Kyle,

First you have to ask yourself if you want to do all the work -- or do you want a Realtor to market and sell your home for you. Hiring a Realtor provides representation for yourself, along with negotiating and marketing skills. Using an agent gets your property exposed to the most potential buyers -- bettering the odds for a successful sale.

I'd be happy to do a free market analysis for you, drop me a note or give me a call -- I'm here to help! I also have several articles available if you are thinking about doing it yourself. I can always just provide a "price check" for you.

Have a great day,
Nadine Reinhardt -- Realtor, ePRO
RE/MAX Associates of Lancaster
(717) 587 - 7977
Kyle,

Give me a call and I'd be happy to complete a no cost, no obligation Market Analysis.

Jeremy Ganse
RE/MAX Associates of Lancaster
(717) 577-3251 - direct
(717) 581-4742 - office
Call one or more reputable Realtors to discuss your goals behind the sale and ubderstand what's involved and what to expect.