House Owner, Home Owner in Fort Walton Beach, FL

How do I get my house taken off of Trulia? I LIVE in it and have NEVER had it on the market in 12 years! Please take it off!

Asked by House Owner, Fort Walton Beach, FL Thu May 10, 2012

However, your website is sending people knocking on my door to buy my house!! The nerve of the person who did this! I will live here the rest of my life, so please take this off the website! I'm angry. How would YOU like it if YOUR house were listed and you are living there and never going to sell it? I live at 223 Greenbrier Drive, Fort Walton Beach, FL 32547. Please take this stupid ad off the website altogether! houseowner, betsy

Answers

9
Take my house down!! My address is 801 Creek CT, Slingerlands NY 12159. I bought my house 6 months ago and was very upset to find pictures of my house on line still!!! TAKE it DOWN!!! If not, I am planning logging a complaint with the NYS Attorney Generals Office. Take all the pictures down now!! Zillow took all the pictures down right away. Why can't Truilia????!!!
Contact Trulia helpdesk here: http://www.trulia.com/help/ask/
I listed my house for rent and now it's off market but people are still calling me because it is still listed on this website which YOU need to fix so people can take their listings off. That;'s just dumb that you won't have option to take your own home off the website! The address is 1030 5th ave, Monongahela, PA, 15063. Take my house off Trulia.
Hi Betsy,

I just confirmed with our Priority Customer Service team that your house has now been taken down from our site. Please allow an additional 5-10 minutes for all of our process this change.

Thanks again for reaching out to us,

Andrew
Hey Betsy,

We will get this problem taken care of immediately, and I apologize for any inconvenience caused. I have flagged your issue to our Priority Customer Service team who will work on removing your home from our site immediately.

Thank you for your understanding and patience while we get this sorted for you,

Andrew Wilkinson
Community Manager, Trulia Voices
Betsy, as real estate professionals, we do our best to protect the privacy of homeowners. Unfortunately, websites aren't people, and therefore don't afford you the same courtesy I'm afraid. I wasn't able to find your listing on Trulia either. But the most likely culprit is a site called RealtyTrac. And, whenever there are any adverse actions like a notice of default recorded in the country records, websites such as that will post them as public information.

I know exactly what you are talking about, as I've had people contact me after seeing a particular property, and wanted to go over to look at it. I had to explain that the persons house was NOT for sale! And no I would NOT be showing it to them. And they said they had the address and could just go there, but I repeated my advice not to do so. But the address and what they paid for it, etc was all online. Even if a person was late on their mortgage, and then got caught up, it may still be reporting as delinquent, and will be visible on that website and others like it.

While we live in the age of technology, it does come at a price sometimes. If it were an active listing, we would absolutely be able to assist a little more by contacting the listing agent. But we aren't seeing it. I will keep an eye out for it, for you. So if it pops up on my radar, I'll grab the information at that time. Sorry for the inconvenience, frustration and all out invasion of privacy.

Karen Butler, Realtor, CDPE, SRES, SFR
Coldwell Banker United REaltors
Karen@KarenButler.com
850*830*8780
Web Reference: http://www.KarenButler.com
Hello Betsy, I have tried to find something in the mls going back as far as 1988 to see if I could locate where information might have come from. If it was a realtytrac listing it could have been lifted from the court records to see if there was a lien filed at some point--realty trac picks up any property that has a lien filed against it. But there wasn't anything there, either. I also couldn't find it on trulia.com.

If it is still there, contact customer service at trulia and ask them about it. I am so sorry that you have found this difficulty and it would be helpful to all to get to the bottom of how this can occur. You would be doing potentially many people a favor. (including real estate agents who would be getting phone call inquiries about a property we can't find either.

Myke Triebold, gRI, LMC, SFR, ABR
MykeSaysSold@aol.com
850-305-6256
Betsy
We don not have control of what the Trulia website shows as active listings. I would suggest you call Trulia Directly. I'm sorry that I can not help you with this problem but I'm sure if you call the company directly they will be of assistance. Click on the help button below for their number.