Using Trulia in 37343>Question Details

Marsha Cowan, Real Estate Pro in Chattanooga, TN

Hey guys, why no leads as promised? So disappointed at this time..

Asked by Marsha Cowan, Chattanooga, TN Mon Nov 22, 2010

Answers

10
Hi Marsha,

I am a Broker in Las Vegas, NV and I have only been on trulia for a couple of weeks. I have been pleased with the number of leads that I have received thus far. I do know that the number of leads are determined by how much competition you have in your listed areas that are also subscribed to Trulia and what plan that you have. The Elite gets the most and also Brokers cycle through more often. So as at least a Deluxe subscriber, you must have a lot of competition or not very many people searching in your areas. Hopefully it gets better soon. I wish you the best.
Web Reference: http://www.buyvegasnow.com
Try burying a St. Joseph's statue upside down near your laptop. Leads will be abundant!!!
Web Reference: http://www.321property.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Nov 23, 2010
Hello Marsha,

Contact your customer service person and ask them to check your profile. Then ask them what YOU need to do be noticed. Good luck. Several of my settlements this year came from leads I received from Trulia.

John Donahue ABR, CDPE, GRI, SRES
RE/MAX Properties, Ltd.
215-968-7423 / 7400
215-605-6532 cell
johndonahue@remax.net
Hi Marsha,
If Phil's solution doesn't work, then maybe try the opposite. Try burying your laptop upside down next to a St. Joseph statue. Leads will be redundant. Good Luck

p.s. I thought I answered this question some time ago. Maybe the post disappeared into trulia la la land, where all you can hear is the distant echo of rational voices members-- the very faint sound of "Wait to buy, prices are declining".
PPS - Thank you for being a Trulia Pro customer!
Hi Marsha!

I noticed you only have 1 location filled out on your profile. You can and should have all 20 of your top primary farm areas entered on your profile.

This helps in 2 ways:

1. It helps you get found in our Find-a-Pro directory by consumers
2. As a Trulia Pro, it will place you in those 20 geographic locations via the ne Quick Connect module which we built into Trulia Pro.

Together, this will hopefully help you start to receive some email inquiries from serious home buyers, sellers and renters in the local areas that matter to you most.

In fact, I suggest everyone reading this thread go and check to see if you all have your 20 locations that you work in filled out......some may have more, some less - either way, don't just have 1 location filled in. Your missing opportunities to connect w/ consumers.

Have a a Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

PS - I host weekly training webinars on how to best go about optimizing your Trulia accounts. Please click the link below to a attend one of my upcoming ones.....
Hi Marsha:

It is awful hard to get customers to come to you these days. Getting out and talking, telephoning and writing directly to prospects appears to be the best way. Ads in newspapers and online are better at reinforcing your reputation as an active agent than in building it. As others have said, answering questions here is a good option because it lets you show expertise to a large number of potential clients.

Ron
I think Phil has the most creative answer. However, being an active member and answering questions does help. It lets you show your expertise and sell yourself 24/7.
Writing a check to Trulia - or any other portal - is no guarantee of business.

Try participating in Trulia Voices. You will find that you can get leads for FREE in exchange for your participation and knowledge shared with potential clients.

Gerry Dunn
Associate Broker
Serving Maryland, D.C. and Northern Virginia
703-216-9100
Marsha the best leads are the ones where people see you your activitty, they can read your answers, garner your expertise, read your blogs and contact you direct. You get what you put into it for quaility leads. Yes you will get some inquiry leads but i noticed they are not as strong as the potential clients who contact me direct by seeing me on Voices or finding my blogs.

Please see my blog with tips and advice on how to use Trulia more effectively