Using Trulia in Orlando>Question Details

Javier Rodri…,  in Orlando, FL

Has anyone enroll in the lead generation system in Trulia and have seen positive results? I am in Central Florida and would appreciate any feeback.

Asked by Javier Rodriguez, Orlando, FL Tue Jul 19, 2011

Our organization is considering this service, but we would like to have any feeback regarding the service so that we increase our chances of making a sound decision.

Your response is truly appreciated and thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Javier Rodríguez
HouseStar Realty Group Inc.
Real Estate Broker
Lic: BK703443
Certified SFR Short Sale and Foreclosure Resource

407.429.5243 | Cell: 407.301.3401 | Fax: 407.373.0064 | eFax: 407.264.6260
jrodriguez@housestarrealty.com
Main Office: 1033 Semoran Blvd Suite 245 | Casselberry, FL | 32707 USA
Branch Office: 13538 Village Park Suite 260 | Orlando, FL | 32837 USA

Answers

8
allan erps,ABR,SFR’s answer
I have tried to pay for certain zip codes and like the rest the results were very poor. I do get a few leads per month as a PRO(most are bogus or interaction with other Agents). I will say that I have closed one sale, working on another that called me from my profile, and have had several others that did not work out). As Spirit said it may be my area but overall love this venue.
Been with Trulia about 4 years, love it. Yes the individual zipcode gets expensive, have never seen any agent keep it for a long time. Im constantly getting calls from people based on my Trulia profile, surprise calls. And when I ask how did you got a hold of my info it's always the same answer...we found you on Trulia.

Tony Vega
Charles Rutenberg Realty
Hi Javier,

I am not sure exactly what you mean in regard to "lead generation" but I am enrolled in a couple Trulia programs and am 100% satisfisfied in regard to the # & quality of leads received. They have programs that are quite affordable and then ones that are costly that give you zip code exclusivity. My philiopsy of you get what you pay for and I persoanlly feel the cost is well worth it.

Please call me directly for my Truila represenatives contact information or for additional insight. I am a true TRULIA and feel they have delivered results that have me lucrative to my career. I have also met the nicest people from all over the world which is an added bonus :)

Have a GREAT day! Good Luck!

Kim Setzer, REALTOR®
CENTURY 21 ELITE HOME FINDERS
407-406-0351 CELL
Kimsellsproperty@yahoo.com
May you always have love to share, health to spare & friends that care.
YOUR REFERRALS ARE GREATLY APPRECIATED & THE BEST COMPLIMENT!
I average 30 leads permonth on the pro package which costs $399 per year. My conversion skills range about 6%. I am satisfied to a level that they are real humans with real names and contacts. I have been in converstaion with many of the leads.

Word to the wise: Regarding leads, you either pay for them or you work for them. Even, when you pay for them, ya still gotta work em!

1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jul 20, 2011
I have been on Trulia.com for over a year, with listings, and I have answered lots, and lots of questions. I tried buying zip codes and after 6 months, had no results. In fact, after a year I have yet to receive 1 real qualified "lead". I tend to think it may be because Trulia is not as popular in Tucson, AZ as other cities. By comparison, I have had much more success with Zillow.com

Have you tried the "Pro" function on Trulia? I have been and am considering it, as I have heard some agents here in Tucson have had success with Trulia, and wondering if it is worth the price? Any feedback on that?
Thanks.
Spirit
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jul 19, 2011
Hey Spirit… did you ever pursue the “Pro” function on Trulia? I am contemplating this but am reluctant to do so…
Denis Johnston e-Pro, SFR, ChRC
DenisCloses@gmail.com
Flag Thu Aug 1, 2013
Be careful when you sign up. I would highly recommend the Pro Product to promote yourself and your own listings.

As far as purchasing buyer or seller leads, the minimum is a 6 month contract and they will NOT let you out of it no matter what. The leads they provide are OK at best but what makes it difficult is they sell the leads to at least 3 Realtors at a time so the potential client is bombarded with emails, phone calls, and sometimes visits to the home. This approach causes the potential client to become understandably hostile. If your OK with that then you will get a number of potential leads.

Good Luck.

Adam
Hello All!

Thanks a lot for taking the time to answer my question! There were 2 comments about Zillow.com so I will have to check this one as well. The reason for my question is that our organization tried Realtytrac about 2 years ago and it turned out to be a waste of time and marketing money. Most leads were speculating about prices that did not existed because the properties posted in the website were outdated sometimes by 6 months or more.

Kim! I will call you as I would like to ask you several questions.

Again thanks all for your responses and cooperation.

Javier Rodríguez
HouseStar Realty Group Inc.
Real Estate Broker
Lic: BK703443

407.429.5243 | Cell: 407.301.3401 | Fax: 407.373.0064 | eFax: 407.264.6260 jrodriguez@housestarrealty.com
I think it really depends on how popular Trulia is in your area. If "Trulia" is what your agents hear from their clients than it would be the best way to go .Personally,on the Jersey Shore I have received more leads from my zillow zipcode subscription. I wish you the best of luck.