Using Trulia in Pasadena>Question Details

Downer,  in Los Angeles, CA

Has anyone else experienced Fraud with their Trulia listing? Someone is trying to hyjack my ad representing themselves as the owner soliciting $.

Asked by Downer, Los Angeles, CA Mon Jun 28, 2010

How do I stop someone from intercepting my perspective residents and taking $ from them?

Answers

6
Just wanted to follow up with you on your experience: can you tell us what happened next?
Thanks for sharing,
II.
Again, sorry to learn about what happened to you Kim. Can you email me the details via my trulia profile so we can look into this further?

Thanks!
Sorry to hear that, and thanks for sharing. This happened to our listing on the Venice Canals.

We received a call from a really scared woman. I hope this stops happening.

Kristine
These scams have been going on for a long time, they seem to dissappear and the reappear without warning. Please report what you have directly to Trulia by clicking on the feedback link on teh right side of trulia home.

the 2 most common scams are trying to rent vacant listings for half of what they would rent for and having people wire money overseas. the other is offering top purchase with fake cashiers checks for more than the asking price and asking for teh balance be wired to them.

i wrote a blog you should check out

http://www.trulia.com/blog/scott_godzyk/2010/05/scam_alert

SCAM WARNING FOR BUYERS, SELLERS AND AGENTS
Sorry to hear that.

Can you please email me the details so we can look into it?

You can access my email via my profile.

Thanks!
You need to let Trulia know right away! I am new t Trulia, but I do know they are very stricked and should jump on this quick!