Using Trulia in Jackson>Question Details

Joanne Wisni…, Home Buyer in Cresskill, NJ

HOw do I put in only single family homes in an active adult communites?

Asked by Joanne Wisniewski, Cresskill, NJ Thu Apr 18, 2013

Help the community by answering this question:


Hello Joanne,
Go to the advanced search, option single family, then keyword,search,: adult community. Good luck with your home search. If you have any further questions, I am happy to assist you.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Apr 18, 2013
Hi Joanne, If you are looking for single family homes in active adult communities in the Jackson area I would be more than happy to help you. As a matter of fact I live in one of the most popular gated active adult communities in Jackson so I can tell you first hand about the communities, homes available in the area what it is like to live here. Feel free to give me a call.

Joan Congilose
RE/MAX Central
Office (732) 972-1000 ext:364
Cell (732) 232-5277
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Apr 28, 2013
Hello Joanne,

Nathan from Trulia here! You can refine your search results to include homes within active adult communities. Once you have found your desired location, you will notice a tool bar at the top of the page that will allow you to filter your search results. From this tool bar select the "more features" arrow found on the upper right hand side of the tool bar. This will open a box that will display all filter options. From the property type drop down select Single Family, and from the keyword box enter adult 55+ communities. Hit the update search button and your properties will appear.
If you have further questions please do not hesitate to contact us at 1-888-466-3501 or

Thank you!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 22, 2013

not sure if you are looking to sell or buy. In either case contact me and I would be happy to help assist you.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Apr 19, 2013
Hi Joanne. If you are looking for a non-attached, single family home in an adult community that is for sale, there are search engines that will allow you to do this. Alternatively, a good buyer's agent can set up a search for you and assist you in the process from start to finish. I would be glad to discuss your options and help you with your search. My contact info is listed below.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Apr 18, 2013
Hi Joanne,

Are you a home buyer or a Realtor? I'm trying to understand your question and help you but I'm not sure I know what you're asking.....

Many adult communities have detached homes which is what I think you're referring to, but some do not. It depends on the price range you're looking in and the areas.

If you are a home buyer and would like some assistance please don't hesitate to call or e-mail me anytime. I can be reached at (732) 904-8403 or

Thank you again for your question and good luck to you! :)

Warmest Regards,

Diana Brunner
Broker Associate
Keller Williams Realty
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Apr 18, 2013
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer