Question Details

Infinity Rea…,  in Saratoga, CA

Does Trulia have plans to implement a personal message option.?

Asked by Infinity Realty Network, Saratoga, CA Sat Nov 3, 2007

I have this option on other boards. Where you are able to send a personal message to a user. This way it is easier for us to communicate to each other when there are non-related issues or opinions. I think that most of us posting our personal thoughts about a post or certain issue to the public sometimes is seen as a bad thing.

The consumer might see our inner debates as being a negative. I just think that we have strong opinions on the matters that we deal with daily. But i do agree with some points made recently in posts, that we do need to keep our consumers in mind. All the debating they have to search through might show as a bad reflection on us. I think a personal message system would work alot better. I know there is email, but most of us like to keep our personal emails anymous and be able to use the system as a message is a better option. Just a thought.

Answers

6
Yes Deborah. Its a bit different, when you log in you have personal messages and are able to reply to user of the board. I think it is a bit easier this way because like me i get a million emails and i hate dealing with boards like this through email. They usually get lost in spam or not arrive at all. When i log into a specific site i like dealing with all the issues involved in that site, and if i got messages then its easier to deal with them as i login all at once.

I think its just a personal preference, but i think it would work wonders for trulia. Also as consumers would be able to communicate with other members without having to show there email addresses. These are private messages. There is a Vcard section were you can turn it off or on if you want someone to be able to download your email.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 3, 2007
HI,
Since I do not participate on any other board, I am unfamiliar w/ other options. I do know that you can privately contact people who post on Trulia, if they set it up to accept email messages on their profiles. I have communicated w/ people via the contact me option on the profile. It seems you may be talking about something different that that. Would not the contact me option suffice for your needs? It's a question, because I really am unfamiliar w/ what options may exist.
Deborah
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 3, 2007
Deborah Madey, Real Estate Pro in Brick, NJ

This is Vicky from Trulia. Thank you so much for your feedback. Private communication within Trulia is a great idea and is something we are considering to provide in the future.

Currently, if someone emails you by clicking on the ‘contact me’ link on your profile, they will not see your email address. Your email address will be visible to them only if you decide to reply to this email. This way we are protecting your privacy and giving you the choice to disclose your email address only if you wish to.

We are very excited to hear ideas/suggestions from you, so can improve Voices based on your needs and bring the most value in your everyday lives!

vicky
Have we worked on this yet? Whats the newest trends Ive been busy working, but now got some free time for the week.
You could open a free email account with gmail (google) yahoo or hotmail or any of a thousand other email providers, and then use that account exclusively for your voices or forums messages. Then nobody would have your private (main) email, but you could use the Trulia system that is currently available for you to send emails. - Some Trulia Pro profiles don't allow contact, some do. Very few consumers have added their email contact as an option. My email has been avaiable to peers on Trulia for 4 months now. I have not gotten any spam or hate mail *(yet)
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 3, 2007
Jim Walker, Real Estate Pro in Carmichael, CA
Trulia has this option.

Simply click on a persons photo and you will get their profile. In their profile below their photo it says contact this person.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 3, 2007