Using Trulia in Centerville>Question Details

Haddy, Home Buyer in Centerville, UT

Do you show homes that are For Sale by Owner?

Asked by Haddy, Centerville, UT Thu Sep 8, 2011

Answers

7
Hi Haddy,

The answers below are correct. Though we don't accept FSBO listings, if you choose to work with either a flat fee or full service broker or agent in the future, he/she can submit your listing to us via the link below.

Best Wishes,

Emily Erekuff
Community Moderator
Generally agents don't get involved in For Sale by Owner sales because there is no commission to be collected. Usually FSBO means that the owner is prepared do to everything on their own and doesn't want to deal with an agency. Unless the owner is willing to pay an agent a fee for finding them a buyer, then there really is no point for an agent to get involved.

If you're asking if you can list a FSBO property on Trulia, the answer is no. Trulia is meant to be a site for agents to advertise, find clients and connect.

Hello Haddy,
Trulia does not accept for-sale-by-owner listings. Zillow.com and Craiglist.com do.

I suggest that you work with an experienced real estate agent in the area that interests you as he/she can show you homes that most closely match your needs and desires.

Usually, there is no fee involved in having an buyer's agent assisting you and you gain a lot using their services and knowledge about the market.

Laura Feghali
Prudential Connecticut Realty
If homes are for sale by owner, usually agents don't get involved because there isn't a commission to be collected. For Sale by Owner generally means that the owner is going to take care of everything themselves, instead of going through an agency. Unless the owner was willing to pay an agent a fee for finding a buyer for them, then there would really be no point for an agent to get involved.

If you're asking if you can advertise on Trulia as a For Sale by Owner, the answer is no. They don't allow FSBO listings on this site as it is meant to be a place for agents to advertise, find clients and connect.
Hi Haddy
Based on my own work experience there really is no need for to go out of the MLS Multiple Listing Service Inventory to find homes for qualified buyers to look at in a Buyers market when there is more than enough inventory to choose from. I'd recommend that to find the best homes for your price range, and be an informed buyer that you should work with a local realtor that can guide you throughout the home buying process and show you homes really that suit your needs.
Yes I show my buyer home for sale by owner, if seller wants to sell to my buyer. Usually most of the seller say yes.Thank you.
Hi Haddy,
I am answering your question from New York.Yes I show my buyer Home sale by owner. I need to sell to get commission. So If I think my buyer will like the property then a contact the seller and show the property and sell it.Thank you.