Question Details

Shane Milne, Real Estate Pro in Laguna Niguel, CA

Did the blog link from someone's profile disappear?

Asked by Shane Milne, Laguna Niguel, CA Tue Sep 25, 2012

Is there a link to your blog from your Trulia profile? It's been awhile since I've posted content on a regular basis, so I see the profiles & formatting of Trulia changed a little while ago. There used to be a link to someone's blogs from their profile but when you click on someone's profile now, I can no longer find it. I thought this was a good way for consumers to be able to view a professional's further thoughts rather than solely reading their responses on Trulia Voices. Is that going to be brought back?

On a similar note, I notice a lot of people posting identical blogs in multiple cities - 20 or 30 of the same exact blog post copied & pasted. I personally feel that fills up the blog section with redundant information, isn't very helpful to consumers, and pushes unique blog posts further down when sorting by "newest". Sure it gets to VIP levels easier, but that isn't the point of Trulia. It should just be a positive side effect if someone's willingness to help.

Answers

6
Hi Shane,

Your blog is still visible on your profile. Under the Voices Activity section you can use the dropdown to see a member's questions, answers or blog posts. This currently defaults to answers however.

In regards to the repeat blog posts, though we don't specifically prohibit duplicate postings, I encourage you to flag these posts so our team can review and address them.

Emily
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Sep 26, 2012
It previously didn't have the option to select Best Answer, but now it does. Perhaps more than 1 answer needs to be given before it can be selected.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Sep 26, 2012
Hi Shane,

Staff members can receive Best Answers. Let me know if the problem persists and we'll look into it.

Thanks!

Emily
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Sep 26, 2012
Hmmm, I can't seem to select your answer as "Best Answer" - are staff members prohibited from receiving "Best Answers"?
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Sep 26, 2012
Hi Emily, thank you for pointing that out. I was searching for the term "blog" using the browser search feature and found no reference, but it doesn't search drop down menu fields.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Sep 26, 2012
I can receive a BEST ANSWER,
and I usually deserve it!