Question Details

Ruthless, Other/Just Looking in 60558

Can we have a sort for Most Activity Questions?

Asked by Ruthless, 60558 Sun Nov 4, 2007

Currently the default sort is "Recent Activity". You can switch to "Recent Questions" or "Best". But "Best" question is chosen by the number of thumbs up people give the question itself. People don't often give thumbs up to the question, and the questions with the most thumbs down seem to be the best questions because they are controversial. I'd like to read the questions that the majority of people felt that it was a good enough discussion to join in and make their comment as well. What do the rest of you think?

Answers

11
Ruth,
I do like this idea in theory. But in practice, I think the questions with the most activity are the ones where there are major differences of opinion, and sometimes professionalism has flown out the window... I'm afraid a new user who sorts by "most activity" would be turned off by what they might find.
Ruth - I too feel that would be a great idea.

I will say something about the "Thunbs Up, Thumbs Down". I think they should remove it because blogging, as we all know, gives us the freedom to express our opinion. Doesn't necessarily mean one is right, while the other is wrong. Obviously, we do have some off the wall answers, but at the end of the day it is an open forum and you take the good with the bad.

Wish everyone continued success!!!
Although I really think most activity would be beneficial, the current set up does not lend itself to decorum. Congratulations Bridgette on keeping it professional!
Ruth
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Nov 20, 2007
Ruthless, Other/Just Looking in 60558
Hi Ruth:

I tend to agree with Bridgette; also, we sometimes get into the silly mood (yes, we are human too) and borrow the borad. May not be the best thing for professionalism if a few showed that way.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Nov 7, 2007
Sylvia Barry,…, Real Estate Pro in Novato, CA
Can't we make them behave! I'm very upset that you are right Bridgette. But I WANT it!!!

I tell you, Best Question sure doesn't cut it.

Ruth
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Nov 7, 2007
Ruthless, Other/Just Looking in 60558
Oh, I meant to include this link for Jose; but ended up putting two more comments in there. My opinion about TUs

http://www.trulia.com/voices/Using_Trulia/Ok_I_know_I_m_sett…
Yes Sylvia, but have you looked through the other questions? I'd give up on the most activity if people would really think about the thumbs up they are giving to the Questions. Maybe the Questions should be rated on a scale of 1 to 10 or stars or something instead of thumbs?

Ruth
Ruthless, Other/Just Looking in 60558
What, Ruth! I love MY Best Question - if you did not mention it the other day, I would never know I got the best 'Best Question' award. Yes!!! :-)

See, now that's two for me.
Trulia Roger:
Here's another request. Oh, wait, I should have checked to see if you did it already.

It's amazing how much longer these threads are getting. It means we are getting a lot more people actively involved. I think we even have some new questions with more responses than the Redfin questions.
Of course, National Open House will always lead the pack.

Ruth
Ruthless, Other/Just Looking in 60558
Great idea Ruth. Let's hope Trulia picks this one up.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 4, 2007
Pam Winterba…, Real Estate Pro in San Ramon, CA
good idea!..............................
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 4, 2007
Deborah Madey, Real Estate Pro in Red Bank, NJ