Using Trulia in Castle Rock>Question Details

Jim Garcia, Real Estate Pro in Castle Rock, CO

Can someone give me tips on the best ways to utilze my Trulia account for social media to promote my real estate business? Any tips would be helpful?

Asked by Jim Garcia, Castle Rock, CO Mon Mar 7, 2011

Answers

2
Write original material in your Trulia Blog.....Do not copy and paste.....Use linkbacks to your website and other profiles....Join Activerain and then blog there also, but don't copy and paste your own material either. Blogging and blog views on Trulia will give you points and consumers will get to know you. Good Luck from California! :)
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 7, 2011
Hi Jim,

It looks like you're already off to a great start since you've already got the resume section of your Trulia profile completed. It's important to make sure you've listed all appropriate locations (you can add up to 10) and keywords on your profile to ensure that you come up when buyers and sellers search our Find a Pro directory.

As Jane said, it's also important to contribute original content to the community, whether that be in the form of answers to questions or blog posts. Those individuals who are very active in our community and provide the most informative posts report receiving the most leads. I see that you've already published a few blog posts and I encourage you to access the link below and check out our Top 10 Blogging Tips. The post offers great advice to help you create a blog plan and write articles that will allow your personality and expertise to come through in your posts so that you can more easily develop a readership and connect with potential clients.

Socializing your posts outside of Trulia is also an important step that will help expose more readers to your content. After you publish a blog post you can easily share it on Facebook, Twitter, and other sites using the "Share" tools that we offer. You can also use our "Link to This Answer" functionality to generate a link that will highlight an answer you've posted so you can easily share it on other social media platforms as well. Check out http://www.trulia.com/blog/rudy_bachraty/2009/04/new_trulia_… to learn more about "Link to This Answer".

I hope this information is helpful and encourage you to let us know if you have any other questions or feedback for us.

Best Wishes,

Emily Erekuff
Community Moderator