Marjorie Smi…, Home Seller in San Juan Island

Can a seller advertise directly with you, or must I use a real estate broker?

Asked by Marjorie Smith, San Juan Island Thu Jan 17, 2008

I am selling my house directly, but offering a buyer's agent commission. I would like to put the house on the MLS listing, and advertise myself, but not use a seller's agent. May I still get my house on your site?

Answers

5
Marjorie,

Congrats on the sale of your home. I had it pending in just 10 days.

It was a pleasure doing business with you.
Marjorie-
You have gotten some great feedback here on Trulia! Congrats! (Trulia is a really cool site!)

Yes, a discount broker will get you MLS exposure, which will get you out to TONS of sites that populate with MLS data. (The MLS is definately the way to go for exposure!)
Prior to listing (whether with a full service or limited service brokerage), make sure to do your homework, interview more than one agent, and ask lots of questions in terms of what you will be getting, what you will be paying, what services to expect.
I wish you the best of luck with your home sale!

Live good. Be happy. Be a smart seller! : )
-Mimi
Mimi Osterdahl / The Muljat Group Realtors / Bellingham, Washington / http://www.LiveGoodBeHappy.com
2008 President, Northwest Washington Women's Council of Realtors
Majorie....

You can have a Realtor listed it on the MLS and then you can populate it to this site for you. Also, a vflyer will populate here.
Pam Winterba…, Real Estate Pro in San Ramon, CA
Marjorie, there is another option you might consider. There are flat list Real Estate companies that for a fee will enter your information on the MLS, it's called a limited service contract. In the negotiation of this you can also ask that the agent or broker input the property on Trulia, you can also specify in the contract that you would like to be fully in charge of the advertising and marketing of this property as well. Good Luck.
Trulia only accepts feeds from brokers and agents. You could contact a discount broker to see what they might be able to do for you. This way you could still limit your selling expenses.
Deborah
Deborah Madey, Real Estate Pro in Red Bank, NJ