Using Trulia in Greenville>Question Details

Michelle Dean, Real Estate Pro in Greenville, NC

Am I am able to sell using Trulia if it is FSBO?

Asked by Michelle Dean, Greenville, NC Wed Jul 6, 2011

Answers

8
The old, tired argument that the realtor put up about how a real estate agent can get you "at least 3% more by using an agent" is just that - old. You will sale your house at a price comparable with other homes in your area if you have done your homework. Quite frankly, I priced my home a little higher than comps for several reasons. I ended up selling at what I thought it would sell for based on comps. A real estate agent would not have gotten me any more. The buyer's agent actually low balled me and sat there looking like an idiot when he did so. So don't buy the realtor line of you have to use a real estate agent - you don't. But you better think and act like one and do your homework!

Michelle, check the different FSBO sites. I wish I could remember which one would feed to Trulia. Also list on Zillow. I used http://www.clickitrealty.com when they were affiliated with Century21. I used their Silver service and was very pleased. The only thing I would do is don't do their open house notification service. That was a waste of effort.
Hi Michelle,

As others have already noted, Trulia does not accept FSBO listing submissions. However, if you choose to work with a flat fee or full service broker or agent in the future, he or she can submit your listing information to Trulia via the link below.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Best Wishes,

Emily Erekuff
Community Moderator
If you think you can't afford an agent, then you probably can't afford not to have an agent. I know I am biased, but chances are you will get at least 3% more by using an agent. An agent will bring much more exposure to your listing, which should help it sell quicker and for more money. An agent will also negotiate on your behalf and protect you against charges that the buyer normally will pay for.

The difference between getting 95% of asking price and 98% of asking price can often come down to how well the house is marketed and the right agent can easily make that much of a difference.
It is nothing personal regarding realtors, I just can't afford the 3% of a seller's agent. I can barely afford using a buyer's agent. Even at that, I would be walking away clean. Any advice?

Michelle
I see you have received a few responses for you to consider. I would like to add, consider using a REALTOR to assist you in marketing your home. I know you may not see the benefits of using a REALTOR at first. However, after you try marketing your home and scheduling showing appointments, you will begin to see a portion of what a REALTOR can do for you.

Kevin Stormer
REALTOR
Prudential Prime Properties
Toll Free: 866.730.0534
Good afternoon! I don't think you can actively list using Trulia. The only way that I have seen listings post in here is directly linking from the MLS system.
If you decide to meet with a Realtor please contact me.
Best wishes,
Amy Klingensmith
RE/MAX Preferred Realty
252.258.310
If you are a for sale by owner the post is not allowed, you can however try blogging about the property; if and when you do list with an agent, he/she can post it for you, just ask; or consider any flat fee realty company that feeds into this site.
Hi. I live in Winterville and sold my house using FSBO last year. The only way you will get on Trulia is to get on the MLS in Greenville. Google for some options. I think they also pick up some of the FSBO listing sites.

If you are going to be successful, you have to think and act like a real estate agent. A professional sign, flyers and getting on the MLS are a must!