Using Trulia in Naples>Question Details

Marie, Home Buyer in 34114

After a property is sold, how fast does it show up in the "recently sold" category on Trulia

Asked by Marie, 34114 Mon Oct 8, 2007

Answers

4
Deborah Madey’s answer
Online sources of data are not always updated at the same time that recordings are made at county offices. Each county differs in their lag time of recording; some automatically update online sources at the same time. In other areas, there is a lag time.
Deborah Madey, Real Estate Pro in Red Bank, NJ
Hi Marie. The answer to your question depends on how quickly the county where you live processes the recording of the deed. Some counties are seriously backlogged and others have only a few weeks delay time. Trulia receives it's sold property information from public records while the active listings information comes from real estate agent's websites and manual uploading by agents. Thus, when a listing agent updates the MLS and shows the property as sold, this information is not sent to Trulia. When you look at the recently sold properties on Trulia, it shows the source of the information. Click on a recently sold property and you will see the following disclosure at the bottom: "Information is compiled from public records. We receive regular updates from our data providers, but the data may contain inaccuracies. Please contact your local assessor or recorder office to correct this information."
I hope this helps.
Web Reference: http://www.go2kw.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Oct 8, 2007
Ute Ferdig -…, Real Estate Pro in Newcastle, CA
Marie,

Yes, there can be a lag time from the date the transaction occurs to the first date of public availability. Each county has different response times in making sold data available in the public records for that jurisdiction. Our data sources provide regular updates to the assessor and deed (sold) data on our site, but as Ute noted each county's processing time is different. In some cases, we receive updates in a matter of a few weeks. In other cases, there can be a delay of a few months.

Regards, Chris
The day of the closing, I update the MLS with the sale price. I don't know how quickly that info gets to trulia, but I assume not too long, as the listings I put on show up within 24 hours.