Using Trulia in Stow>Question Details

Nurse, Home Seller in Stow, OH

Advertising for sale by owner

Asked by Nurse, Stow, OH Sun Aug 14, 2011

Help the community by answering this question:


The best advertisement for your property is your local MLS. Real estate agents usually rely solely on the MLS to match up buyer leads with available properties. If your property is not on the MLS, you are severely limiting the potential exposure your property could receive.The only way to have your property listed on the MLS is through a licensed real estate broker. A full service or discount service broker will usually list it free upfront, but you will have to pay a commission if your property is sold. The commission rate is usually in the 4-7% range. Or, you could use a flat fee broker, and pay a fee upfront to list your property, but you should still offer a commission to the selling broker, between 2-3%. If a buyer contacts you directly, which is possible but not likely, you may pay no commission. When choosing a real estate broker, make sure you verify how many real estate web sites they share their listing feeds with. Some will send to all known sites, while some will offer few if any. Please be aware full service brokers are not all the same. Some will offer additional marketing through printed media and even TV, while some do not. Good luck on finding the right advertising to provide the best exposure for your property.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Aug 14, 2011
Hi Nurse,

As others have already said, Trulia doesn't accept FSBO listing submissions. However if you choose to work with either a full service or flat fee broker or agent, he or she can submit your listing to Trulia via the link below.

Best Wishes,

Emily Erekuff
Community Moderator
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Aug 15, 2011
Best of luck but no FSBO's on this website. Some valuable links and answers below if you still wish to take that route!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Aug 14, 2011
The answer that Jack gave, below,is excellent. If you are looking to market on your own
via the internet you may want to try postlets. I wish you luck in your sale.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Aug 14, 2011
Hi Nurse:

I would suggest you google "for sale by owner." There are a number of websites that provide services and help you publicize your home.

0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Aug 14, 2011
There are several papers in the Stow market. The Akron Beacon Journal and Stow Sentry are the most popular two, and costs vary. Promoting via the MLS and websites could be done for you by a realtor. I would be happy to answer any other questions you may have. Please contact me if I can be of further assistance.
Jennifer Abdoo, Realtor
Keller-Williams Chervenic
Stow, OH
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Aug 14, 2011
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Aug 14, 2011
HI Nurse, Not sure what your asking exactly if your about advertising on Trulia or asking about adverstising in general. Trulia as said below, only Realtors can advertise listings. As to other advertising it would depend on where you run your ads. Each site is different as well as running newspaper ads.

All the Best
Dave & Lisa
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Aug 14, 2011
If you are selling your home on your own you can not advertise it here in Trulia. Youc an how ever write it in teh form of a blog to get some exposure. trulia only excepts listings from licensed agents and brokers
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Aug 14, 2011
If you are a "for sale by owner" you cannot advertise on Trulia.
At the very least, you'd have to list with a flat fee broker in order to be placed on trulia.
You can pay to advertise on Zilow, if you are a fsbo, as their policy is different.

Good luck!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Aug 14, 2011
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Home > Ohio > Summit County > Stow > Using Trulia in Stow > Question
Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer