Gregory Step…, Home Buyer in Outside U.S.

i understand harlan heights and the house i'm interested in are near speedway which is a heavy traffic and noise problem?

Asked by Gregory Stephenson, Outside U.S. Sun May 13, 2012

i have been told that harlan heights and the area where the house i'm interested has a traffic and noise problem?

We have friends across Speedway and maybe six blocks west. They are the second house from Speedway. When we visit, I sometimes notice the noise but do not find it distracting. For a frame of reference, we live in a small subdivision probably half an hour from any four-lane road, and can often go an hour without hearing a car. THAT is quiet. When we visit metro Atlanta, the 24 hour noise makes me nervous, and was part of the reason we left.

Hope this helps.

The very best way is to drive and walk the areas you like to see if the road noice will bother you. As long as you are a block or two away from a major artery street like Speedway, noise probably isn't an issue. Remeber it is a home and needs to be close to work and places you like to visit and shop. First, get together with a Realtor and he/she will set up free searches so you can see what is available. Also your Realtor will help you get pre-qualified for financing if that is necessary. Ley us know if we can help you and start that hunt for the right home.
Gregory, I am a 15 year resident of Harlan Heights, and yes there is a portion of the neighborhood that is close to Speedway. Yes there is noise sometimes; it is one of the Major East/West roads in town. But for the most part I think it’s pretty quiet. If you are not working with a REALTOR call me I will be happy to show you around. I also agree with Sam check it out during different times of the day. You might even see me walking my dogs. THX David
No problem Sam, was not correcting you so much as to educate possible buyers. Some agents do charge buyers (I do not either), & also if a buyer wants to make an offer on a FSBO not on MLS, our commission would need to be negotiated & paid by someone, sometimes that includes the buyer(s).

I recognize we can't answer every question in every way or detail on these boards, I will simply adding to, didn't mean to come off as correcting what was said.

Take care.
I apologize for my incorrect statement.

It is free for a buyer to work with me. I did not know other agents charge up front retainer fees, I do not.
Hello Gregory

I answered another of your questions this morning as well. Yes, Speedway is one of the main roads in Tucson. That is a nice area, but Speedway is a major street here in Tucson.

I strongly suggest you work with a local Realtor, I have helped many from out of state and out of the country make a purchase. If you can, would be best if you can time a trip here, never a good idea to buy something as inportant as Real Estate sight unseen.

Kindly click on my profile, give me a call or email. Even if it is not me, will be in your best interest to work with an experienced local Realtor to help you find what you are looking for.

To correct a statement on here, MOST of the time there is no cost to use a Realtor. Some agents do charge a retainer fee, or if you buy a non MLS there can be a charge, wanted to correct that statement to properly set your expectations.

I wish you the best of luck.
(520) 471-6900
My advice is to visit the neighborhood at different times of the day and different days of the week. If traffic noise is a problem I would visit at rushhour (5:30 pm, Monday - Friday). Sit with your car window down or walk around and listen to the traffic noise.

If you are not currently using a Realtor, give me a call. Realtors are free for buyers.

Sam Zobrest
Owner/ Broker
Wildcat Realty & Property Management
(520) 312-8032