Coupalj, Other/Just Looking in San Diego, CA

how much traffic noise is there in the 1600 block of linwood street?

Asked by Coupalj, San Diego, CA Wed May 9, 2012

Answers

4
Sinead McAllister’s answer
Good Morning,
Yes, I would absolutely check it out for yourself at peak traffic times to make sure that you are comfortable with the level of noise. If there are any particular homes that you are interested in viewing in that area, please let me know and I would be happy to show it to you. How the home is situated, and if it has double-paned windows, etc. can all dramatically affect the levels of noise you encounter.

Thanks!
Sinead McAllister
Broker
McAllister Homes Real Estate
858-205-5215
brokermcallister@gmail.com

The majority of the noise will be coming from I5. This is a very common question that my clients ask and I always suggest that they visit the location especially during the high traffic times. Other factors with in the property and the buyer play a large roll in the noise as well. For example if the home's backyard is on the side of the home that is not facing the Highway it may dampen the over all noise, which could be something the buyer is okay with or it does not bother them. It is a personal preference as to what you are okay with.

If there are ever any homes in the area that you would like to see please let me know and I would love to set up a showing. : )
That is always a tough question. We suggest to our San Diego Hillcrest area Home buyer clients to check out the neighborhood at various times of the day, since traffic levels will change. In addition to auto traffic don't forget about the potential airport noise as well.
Most the noise in that area is from i5. Traffic noise bothers some more than others so it's hard to quantify. I would drive down to the area during the day to get an idea of the noise. Good luck.