David, Other/Just Looking in Victorville, CA

how is the commute from victorville to riverside and back?

Asked by David, Victorville, CA Wed Feb 27, 2008

Answers

4
Claudia Morales Rothwell’s answer
I used to commute from Riverside to Victorville. It took me 50 minutes to get from the Adams St/Auto Center Dr exit to the Palmdale Rd exit. Of course, I was going against traffic but the southbound side didnt seem to heavily congested. I'd say 45-50 minutes in regular traffic flow maybe an an hour and a half on heavily congested days (like Fridays or Sundays when people are going to Vegas and coming back from Vegas). It also does depend on which side of Riverside you are going to. My route was the 91 to the 215 to the 15 but Riverside can be reached off the 15 Freeway too.
Depends upon what time of day your are commuting. 47.1 mi – about 47 mins (up to 2 hours 10 mins in traffic). I just pulled that info from Google Maps. Hope it helps!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jul 30, 2008
David,

I would allow about 1 1/2 hours to account for traffic. If you have to be to work by 8:00 a.m., then I would leave for work no later than 6:30. By giving yourself this much time you will probably have about 15 to 20 mins to spare once you got to work. But if there is an unexpected accident then you will arrive on-time and your boss will be happy. As you travel from Victorville to Riverside, if you take a straight shot down the 15 south to the 91 east traffic usually backs up around Ontario Mills. Then it backs up as you get close to the 91. But whether you take the 215 south to the 91 or the 15 south to the 91, I would still allow the 1 1/2 hours. For 4 years I commuted between Victorville and Corona/Riverside and that is what I encountered.

Michael G. Grimm
It's about an hour! Depending on where you are in victorville and where you need to get to in riverside. Basically you would take the 15S to the 215 then to the 91. That's going to put you in downtown riverside I believe. It's been awhile since I've been in that area. So don't quote me on this! :D