Laura Smith, Home Buyer in P.A

hi i am from ireland i was wondering is there a bus/rail service from flourtown pa or nearby that goes to new

Asked by Laura Smith, P.A Mon Aug 18, 2008

york city?

Yes, there is, although it may not be within walking distance. The closest station would be Oreland. It goes directly to Philadelphia, or to Lansdale/Doylestown. You can also get off and link with other lines which travel to different suburban venues.
What part of Ireland are you from?
Take a SEPTA or other local train to Trenton, New Jersey. Take a NJ transit train to Penn Station in New York. The train runs between Trenton and NY roughly every hour. You *may* have to take a local train to Philly first, but I am not positive. (I do not know which local trains run through Flourtown) Call SEPTA 215-580-7800 TRAIN! is the fastest way, even on the train you are going to travel at least 2 hours each way.
SEPTA website has a trip planner, where you can put in a start address, end address, and it will produce multiple ways of getting there.
Have a great trip!
Web Reference:
Take a train to Phiadelphia, then a short walk to Chinatown. Take the bus from Chinatown in Philadelphia to Chinatown in New York. The cost is $12.00. Do a Google search for Chinatown bus route. the buses run on the hour to New York.
Amtrak is a rip off. It will cost you $60 one way. You want to take SEPTA to a NJ Transit hub to NYC.
Web Reference:
The SEPTA R5 (Lansdale/Doylestown line) to 30th St Station; transfer to AMTRAK to NYC.
Actually, even though I am now living in Florida, I am from Southeast PA. There is a fair amount of public transportation between all areas surrounding Philadelphia and New York City--this is a major corridor for traffic and job commuting. They have a public transportation system known as SEPTA--you can probably find their information by running a google search on the internet. And Amtrak would be the train system that would run from Philadelphia to New York--they have a website as well. I would imagine that they have maps on line to show you what their routes, etc., are. If you would like assistance finding a top realtor in that area, drop me a note, and I would be happy to assist you.
Web Reference: