Rachel715, Home Buyer in Flushing, NY

commute to city?

Asked by Rachel715, Flushing, NY Tue Jul 3, 2012

This question was asked from http://www.trulia.com/property/3003128549-29-Cedar-Ave-Locus…

Answers

4
Michael Liquori’s answer
Yes , the LI Rail Road has a stop in Locust Valley, walking distance. as well as 2 stops in close by Glen cove. If you have any other questions, contact me direct at mliquori@dallow.com or my cell at 516.805.4125. If you would like to preview the property, let me know I'll arrange it.

Mike Liquori
Century 21 Dallow
516.805.4125 Cell
Consider a test run; if traveling by train see link http://www.mta.info/lirr/
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jul 3, 2012
The train from Locust Valley to New York City is approximately 1 hour and 15 min. However, that depends on what time of day you are traveling. Some people take the train directly from Locust Valley and other prefer to drive to either Manhasset or Syosset and get an express train to the City.

Whichever you choose, the train is a great asset. I have taken the train, directly out of the Locust Valley station, to Jamaica station and got on the "Train to the Plane" subway to JFK airport and was on the beach in Sarasota Florida in less than 4 hours!!!
Rachel,

The Long Island Rail Road has a station in Locust Valley. There is also an express bus that runs from the neighboring town of Glen Cove. Glen Cove has also broken ground on a new ferry terminal which will also run to NYC in the future. As a lifelong resident of the area, I would be pleased to answer any additional transportation or local area questions you might have. Please feel free to contact me.

Lisa Picciano-Hylan
Prudential Douglas Elliman Real Estate
Locust Valley
516-993-5850 cell
516-945-0215 office