Daniel Owens, Home Buyer in Tacoma, WA

can anyone tell me about the commute from Ft Belvoir to the pentagon?

Asked by Daniel Owens, Tacoma, WA Wed Jul 16, 2008

Answers

5
Hi Daniel,

The commute is about 20 miles depending on traffic. But if you take the Springfield Metro it would take you straight to the Pentagon. If you plan on coming here for a trial run you can map out and see the difference. Should you have any questions, please call me. Thanks!
Hi Daniel:
Did you get here yet? If so, welcome! big change in environment from where you are!

I always tell people moving here (I work with a lot of miltary relocatees) that depends on which gate of Fort Belvoir they need to use. If you can go in the back gate, off Route 235 it's easy to use GW Parkway. Take the PKway up past Old Town and then pop over to the Pentagon on 239.

If you are Telegraph Gates take Telegraph up.

You can get onto Rt 395, but it's a nightmare in the morning during commuter hours and bad coming the other way. There are buses, but that would take you a long time. You can drive to Springfield metro and ride that into the Pentagon, but monthly parking would only be partially covered by your allowance I'm sure.

there's other options. Let me know if I can help.
I would either drive to the Springfield metro, or look into a slug lot. My husband slugs from Woodbridge to the Pentagon daily. There are also several Omnibus stops in the area. The government covers a majority of your commuting expenses if you are active duty. Please contact me for more info.
Jennifer Rivera
Realtor, Army Wife & Veteran
Move4Free Realty LLC
8405 Dorsey 201
Manassas, VA 20110
Office: (571) 292-5377 ext 112
Fax: (703) 542-4240
VoiceMail: (304) 952-8735
Email Jennifer@move4freerealty.com
http://www.Pentagonhomesearch.com
I think the closet Metro may be the Springfield/Franconia Metro. If you plan on driving I would suggest you leave a little early because traffic can be kind of hectic.
It will all depend on the time of day that you are traveling. You can take the VRE or the metro from either Springfield or Van Dorn. If you are driving then most likely you are going to hit I-95 N depending on your exact location (either inside Ft Belvoir or a community outside) will determine the best route for you to take. If you are driving alone during rush hour you can anticipate about 45 mintues to drive. If you are an early commuter and can hit the HOV lanes that time will lower considerably to closer to 20-25 minutes.
You could also SLUG again depending on your location.

Sorry I can't be more specific but location make a big difference in your options.
Web Reference: http://varealestatetalk.com