Shelley Sarro, Renter in Berkeley, CA

Which is longer traffic wise? DOWNEY to WEST HOLLYWOOD....or DOWNEY to HUNTINGTON BEACH?

Asked by Shelley Sarro, Berkeley, CA Fri May 3, 2013

Deciding whether I should transfer at work from THE GROVE MALL(west l.a) to the SOUTH COAST PLAZA in HUNTINGTON BEACH. I live in downey.

Answers

9
Definitely Downey to West Hollywood - any time of day. Even surface streets up that way are congested.........if you have the option to transfer, traffic will be less from Downey to HB.
What did you decide to do?
Flag Fri Mar 21, 2014
Thank you, yeah it makes sense actually. Driving away from the center, rather than towards it, is much less congested
Flag Fri May 3, 2013
South Coast Plaza is in Costa Mesa, about 20 minutes on the 405 Fwy.
An nice community but not in Huntington Beach. Maybe Bella Terra Mall
at the 405 Freeway and Beach Blvd. would be a good Alternative.
Next to the Bella Terra mall is a Costco and 600 new apartments under
construction. You could Rent and leave the car home.
From Downey, go south to long Beach and you're next door to Huntington Beach and
can smell the fresh air of the Pacific Ocean.
Do you mean the Grove at 3rd and Fairfax ? You will have an easier time driving to South Coast Plaza in Costa Mesa...its not in H.B.
We have homes in both areas. It is much quicker from Downey to H.B.on the 605. Driving to W. Hollywood you need to go through downtown L.A. or you take the 105 west and get off around the airport and drive north on city streets.
I'd say pick the location that will help you advance more at work. Regardless if it takes you an extra 10 or 15 min. It might be well worth it. Depending on what your future goals are. If you did move, would you want to live in OC or LA. If you look at it from this point of view I think you will be better off. If you do better at work you might move closer, regardless of location.
Downey to West Hollywood will take much longer than Downey to Huntington Beach. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance. Thanks.

James Melton, Realtor & Mortgage Broker, CA DRE Broker #01222353, NMLS #300133
President, Victory Mortgage & Real Estate Home Loans & Sales Since 1979, NMLS #366399
2901 W. PCH, Suite 200, Newport Beach, CA 92663
cell(714)318-4664, phone(949)939-9676 or (714)374-0022, fax(714)844-9094
web http://jamesmelton.listingbook.com
email jamesm@socal.rr.com
Yes, agreed, definitely Downey to West Hollywood
Web Reference: http://foustonline.com/
I can tell you from personal experience the commute from Downey to West Hollywood is more congested than the commute from Downey to the South Coast Plaza in Costa Mesa. Please let me know if I can help you find a home (rental or purchase) in either Downey or areas of Orange County near the South Coast Plaza.

Samantha Scott
Prudential California Realty
http://www.samanthascott.prucarealty.com
714-403-7911
Thank you very much! I will look into it :)
Flag Fri May 3, 2013