raylin97, Renter in San Francisco, CA

Where should I live?

Asked by raylin97, San Francisco, CA Sat Jul 20, 2013

My husband and I are planning to move to SF for one year. He will have his job in Stanford and mine will be in UCSF medical center. I'm choosing from Palo Alto or SF or somewhere in between. The budget is hopefully below USD 3000. Any suggestion? Thanks!!!

Answers

1
Finding the right place to live involves finding out what what part of the bay area fits your needs.

Do you have children? Will you want to drive or take public transportation? Do you like the cool coast or warmer parts of the Peninsula? Do you like the faster, energetic city of SF or mellow suburbs?

The other way to help narrow your search is to determine the price $ and size sqft of home you're looking to get. Do you need a backyard? Room for pets? Garage? etc. Have you checked your credit scores and lined up some financing options?

Once you have answered all or most of these questions you will be able to start selecting areas to look at.

Please feel free to message me and request more information about different cities. I have personally lived next door to UCSF and can tell you its a beautiful area with lots of food, recreation and close proximity to transportation within minutes from all of San Francisco.