Md, Home Buyer in Amherst, NH

Where is the new Merrimack/Litchfield bridge being built?

Asked by Md, Amherst, NH Mon Jul 14, 2008

How is it going to impact traffic and in which areas? I can't seem to find info on the exact location of this bridge and what exit off of the Everett Turnpike and which streets/areas in Litchfield are going to be connected. Any info?

Answers

2
Md’s answer
Thanks Judi! I looked at the map from the link you provided and zoomed it. Apparently, the bridge will be around Sommerville Drive and South River Road and will connect to Londonderry on 3A right before it splits (Brown Avenue and Hazelton). This is at the South end of the Manchester Airport. It will take huge pressure off the 293 interchange for airport traffic, but add traffic to South River Road and 3A on the other side. It will also create a new road from 3A to Perimeter Road on the South end of the airport. The areas most impacted by the bridge will be two housing areas on the Londonderry side (North side of the bridge- Brown, Hazelton, Faith and Roseanne and South side of the bridge (Brent, Ellingwood, Charlotte). On the Bedford side, most of the area is industrial park versus housing units, and the biggest impact will be on traffic on Route 3.

It will be nice to have another Bedford before 293 off the Turnpike as well.

Thanks for the link. I hope this helps you as well!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jul 16, 2008
I went to the NH state govenment page for you and researched this item. I've attached the web link to a page that outlines the route the new exit ramp will take. Unfortunately, I can't read any street names, however the project managers name is also given which you can click and ask him your questions directly. As a Realtor, I'd be interested in knowing which neighborhoods will be impacted myself! Thanks for asking.

Judi Farr
Keller Williams Metropolitan Realty
Bedford, NH