Trulia San F…, Other/Just Looking in San Francisco, CA

Where in San Francisco is it possible to park overnight without a street parking permit?

Asked by Trulia San Francisco, San Francisco, CA Tue Feb 19, 2013

Answers

3
Zannie’s answer
Overnight usually isn't a problem. I don't know of any areas with parking restrictions for overnight. The Residential Parking Permits regulate who can park between certain daytime hours; I believe it's between 9am and 6pm. Cars with permits may park for any period of time that is otherwise legal (e.g. not during street cleaning times). Cars without permits may park for the posted limit during these hours, typically two.

Street cleaning may begin earlier than RPP hours, however, so always check the signs. Both RPP requirements and street cleaning hours can vary block to block, and they can change, so check every time.
I haven't been able to find an authoritative resource, but the word on the street is that 9am-6pm is typical for RPP hours, but it varies from place to place.
Flag Tue Feb 19, 2013
I live in Noe Valley and there are sections that don't require parking permits, along with Glen Park and Diamond Heights.
There are many neighborhoods that don't have permits. Miraloma Park is one. The city probably has a map on the SFMTA web site.
Jed Lane; Fog…, Real Estate Pro in San Francisco, CA