Niya Yang, Renter in San Francisco, CA

What is parking like near 16th and Mission?

Asked by Niya Yang, San Francisco, CA Wed Dec 21, 2011

I'm thinking about moving to near 16th and Mission and need to drive to work. I'll be coming back to the city everyday around 6;30pm. What is the street parking situation like? Do I need a garage spot?

Answers

1
The parking situation in that part of mission is actually not too bad. I've lived near 14th and mission for 5 years now and had a car for about 2 of those years. You'll find the most spaces east of mission street, between mission and folsom. I would normally find a space within 5 to 10 minutes on most nights in between 14th and 16th, and mission and folsom. The one thing i would caution you against is leaving anything at all visible in your car. Make sure everything is in your trunk, glove box or you just take it with you, because a lot of windows get smashed in this neighborhood. Also be mindful of the street you're parking on after hours coming home from a night out. Keep to the main streets as much as possible because unfortunately there is some crime in the way of muggings to be aware of in this neighborhood as well. So you don't necessarily need a garage spot if you want to save money, however there are a few in the area for somewhere between $250 and $300 if you want to go that way.