Pat, Other/Just Looking in Atlanta, GA

What areas in Atlanta have convenient access to the airport, but are not under a flight path?

Asked by Pat, Atlanta, GA Mon Jul 30, 2007

Answers

12
Grant Park. You can cut through Lakewood to I-85 and be at Hartsfield-Jakcson in 10-15 minutes at rush hour. My wife and I live at the southern end of Grant Street, she works past the airport and has a 15-minute commute on a bad day. We can see planes all the time, but never hear them.
Web Reference: http://www.grantcir109.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 14, 2007
I would agree with Douglasville as being a good area...Midtown might not be that bad either...it gets you into the city enough that you aren't fighting too much traffic to the airport, but still gives you the city life and experience.
Web Reference: http://www.rkihomes.com
Douglasville area has great access to the airport for a suburban community but I would do further research regarding the flilght paths.
I live in Midtown near Atlanttic Station. On most days I can get to the airport in 25 minutes. Most places outside the perimeter are going to take you a long time to get there, especially from the north side. Intown is your best bet.
Douglas & Carroll county offer the best commute to the airport with little or no traffic on South Fulton Parkway. My wife has been a dlta Flight attendant for 16 years so the airport is our second home. We have award winning school and you can get a lot for you money out here. We are 30 mins and 30 miles from the airport, west. Thats why we have so many airline personnell out here now. We would love to help you with your move, you can use our web site http://www.teamrenton.com.
Web Reference: http://www.teamrenton.com
Hi Pat:
Peachtree City seems to be your best bet if you don't mind a little commuting time. Although, most of Atlantians are commuting from one end or the other - if you are an employee needing quick access it would be your best bet.

It also helps that some members of your community are of the same industry and have the same priorities. Working for an airline usually means mixed schedules and days away from home - a sense of community helps alleviate any fears of being away.

Hope this helps; let us know if you need more specific information.
Have you looked in Peachtree City?
There are so many great neighborhoods in Atlanta and surrounding areas that are only minutes from the airport. I would be happy to discuss with you. I have so many clients who are moving here from Florida, Minnesota, New York, all areas of the country and I have helped each of them find just the right spot in a week or two at the most. I can be reached at 770-565-3400.
My brother works for Delta and we all live in Coweta County- Newnan, Sharpsburg, - I live in Senoia. It puts us about 35 mins from the airport. 85 is not as congested as 75. Henry county is getting more and more overcrowded in my opinion.

I work the entire Southside area- as far as 45 mins out from the airport. Call me if you need anything 770-328-9169
I live close to the airport, very close to a flight path. The answer to your question will depend on your tolerance level of the noise. If you prefer to never notice the planes landing, you may need to push out to Stockbridge / McDonough in Henry County on the Southeast side. Jonesboro in Clayton County would work for youon that side of town also. Coming around to South and Southwest, you have Fayetteville, Peachtree City in Fayette County. Southwest Fulton County would also be a good choice, in the Fairburn area. Newnan in Coweta County might also be a possibility, although drive starts to stretch out that far to the SW.

If you can stand to hear the planes, but not have conversations interrupted by the noise, you could consider the closer in neighborhoods in Morrow and Forest Park on the SE side, Riverdale to the S, and the Camp Creek area of Fulton in the SW. The Cascade area of Fulton on the West side is a nice area and still only about 15 minutes from the airport. N & NW of the airport the cities of College Park, East Point and Hapeville have some very nice homes in revitalized areas, some similar to Grant Park, for those that like older homes. Just further to the North is the West End area whidh is still in transition.

Generally speaking, the landing patterns at Hartsfiled are roughly East/West in direction, so anything North/South of the airport is out of the flight path.
With Hartsfield being the busiest airport in the world this is a tough one. I lived pretty close to Atlanta on the SouthEast side (probably closer than Ted) and was definitely in the flight path of Hartsfield. You might have to go as far out as Henry County on that side.

Ted's right, we'll need more information in order to help.

Many of the pilots choose Peachtree City. You're far enough out that the flight paths will be less bothersome, but very close to the Airport.

How far is too far from the airport? Most of the cities that would be ideal would be 30-45 minutes away from Hartsfield.
Web Reference: http://www.jrjarvis.com
Joshua Jarvis, Real Estate Pro in Duluth, GA
Hi Pat,

My dad was a commercial airline pilot which required the family to do a fair amount of research before relocating to the area in the early 1970's. The family settled and lived on the South/Southeast side of town where most of my immediate family still lives today (I'm the black sheep of the bunch livng on the Northeast side of town).

A lot has changed since then but the primary things to consider still apply today. Do you presently live in Atlanta or are you moving into the area? Will you or a spouse be working at or near Hartsfield-Jackson International airport? What is the threshold of your maximum drive time or driving distance? Besides the airport, what other amenities, price range, schools/colleges, hobbies, interests, shopping, etc. will be important to you?

Answering these questions will help refine a search criteria that may be suitable to you. Keep in mind that flight patterns and operations change frequently, especially during different times of the year.
Web Reference: http://MyGeorgiaHomes.com
Vicki Masell…, Real Estate Pro in Duluth, GA