Dede Cunning…, Real Estate Pro in Alameda, CA

What about Walnut Creek to Alameda commute?

Asked by Dede Cunningham, Alameda, CA Sun Oct 9, 2011

Answers

6
I go from Walnut Creek to Alameda about 6 times a month. In the AM commute, I make it to Park St in around 20-25 minutes That is for an 8 AM appointment.. If the Nimitz is crowded, I take the Jackson Street off ramp and go down the surface streets to Park St.
Having grown up in the East Bay, I know a thing or 3 about the commutes around here. The key for you would be to leave before the crowd. If you can get on the road before 6:45a.m. you will cut off approx. 25 mins. so, grab you cup of coffee in Alameda and catch up on your reading. Or, if your 'boss' lets you, get to work early and leave early! that way you cut off time on the rebound, as well. I live in Walnut Creek, and I think you'll find the commute is worth it. "The Creek" is a fanatastic place to live, work and play, as well as raise kids. Good Luck to You. P.S. (Books on tape?)
Hi Dede,

In commute hours (6:30-9:30AM) 45-60 minutes. Same in reverse from 3:30-6PM. Even though they open 2 tunnels in the commute direction it still backs up. The 4th bore is 2 years away so maybe that will help alleviate some of the pressure.

Other times of day not so bad 30-35 minutes

Sometimes the part that gets me is when you are "reverse commuting" and on the side with 1 tunnel open the backups can be just as bad.

Hope that helps,

Robin Brooks
It can take anywhere from 25 minutes to 1 1/2 hrs depending on day of week and time of day. I used to live in Alameda.
Suzanne Looker
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 9, 2011
Depending on day of week and time of day, it can take up to 1 1/2 hours or as short as 25 minutes. I commute to Alameda often and used to live there.
Suzanne Looker
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 9, 2011
The tunnel is the challenge. Can't wait for the fourth tube to open.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 9, 2011