Calebsmum, Other/Just Looking in Pleasanton, CA

We're thinking of moving to Pleasanton for it's small town feel away from the big city area of the Bay, plus it's great schools.

Asked by Calebsmum, Pleasanton, CA Sun Dec 13, 2009

However, I hear the air quality is poor in the Pleasanton area. Can anyone tell me more about that?

Answers

5
Brian LeBars’ answer
I think Michelle said it best. I grew up in Pleasanton attended Lydiksen, Harvest Park, Pleasanton Middle School and Foothill High School. the schools are fantastic. I have chosen to raise my family here as well. Regarding air quality I would say its the same as most of the bay area. Feel free to call myself anytime if you have questions regarding the area or local agents. I have the privilege of working with many of the local Realtor's in the area acting as a Mortgage Broker; and all agents offer different strong points I can help you pick out.

Brian
925-708-5400
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 13, 2009
Hello Calebsmum,
I am not only a Realtor in Pleasanton, but grew up here and after college, moved back to raise my family, I have never heard of any real issues regarding the air quality. I agree with the other answer posted that there are some issues in other cities, but this doesn't ever seem to have been a problem in Pleasanton. We do have spare the air days and you can find info on this on the city of pleasanton website, but Pleasanton actually has a very proactive approach to deal with ANY environmental type topics. Pleasanton is a great place to live and raise a family and the schools are phenomenal. I have one child in a middle school, one in an elementary school and a baby who is part of the local mother's group. I just searched air quality in Pleasanton on the internet and found nothing that would indicate that the info you received is accurate. If you would like any additional info or assistance in your search, please call me at 925-998-0382. Good luck to you. You will love it here.
Michele Castillo De Almeida
Realtor/Co-Founder
JSCA Real Estate Group
925-998-0382
michele@JSCArealty.com
Web Reference: http://www.JSCArealty.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 13, 2009
Thanks so much for all of the quick responses. I'll take a trip over next week and spend some more time in the town.
If your interested in the sites I've been checking to verify air quality you can check out the EPA air quality link. Also,
cnn money magazine rates Pleasanton with an air quality of 85% vs Santa Cruz or San Rafael at 100%.
Here's a link to more info:
http://www.stateoftheair.org/2009/states/california/alameda-…

Thanks so much!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 13, 2009
I agree with Carl, but that is because:

1. He and I share the same office and have similar Pleasanton experiences.
2. I have never had a conversation in regard to Pleasanton which centered around poor air quality.

While the Bay Area has good and bad days in regard to air quality, Pleasanton cannot be singled out as offender in that regard.

You need to spend more time visiting Pleasanton. Have lunch or dinner in one of the many delightful eateries in the downtown area. Drive around the neighborhoods. Try some holiday shopping at the mall. I think that you will find Pleasanton to be inviting in many ways, including its excellent schools.
Calebsmum:

Our office is in Pleasanton and I’ve never encountered bad air quality. It can occasionally be a bit odiferous over by the treatment plant, but that only affects a very small part of Pleasanton. I’ve heard of complaints of air quality in parts of the Bay Area such as Milpitas, but never Pleasanton.