Steve, Home Buyer in Montville, NJ

Total Commute Time From Someone Who Has Done the Time!

Asked by Steve, Montville, NJ Mon Dec 20, 2010

I have seen a wide range of answers for commuting times from Montville to Wall Street. I am currently looking in the Montville area but would like to hear from someone who has or is doing the commute to Wall Street from Montville. What is the total time? Based on my research, seems driving to Harrison then taking the path is the best. Would like other options such as the bus though. Please offer some advice. Thanks.

Answers

7
I travel to NY and I agree it takes about 90 minutes by train.
Just move into NYC! Trip from Astoria to WTC is 30 Mins. Taxes are less that half of NJ. Better Stores, Restaurants, and living! After you have been in NYC for ten years, We will even call you a New Yorker!
Come on already, you already work here, Make the move and take advantage of all that NYC has to offer!
i did this exact commute! parking at harrison and taking the path to the WTC is your best bet. i took roughly 90 minutes. the train was pretty exact.
Hi Steve,
Since your destination is the Wall Street area, I would guess the Harrison-Path route is the best.
Bus option is the Wayne Transit center ( about 8 miles) and a frequently running bus to the port authority (about 40 min.) Than, of course, you would have to subway downtown.
If you like, give me a call and I can have someone return your call who commutes.
Murph
Hello- I own a Remax agency in Montville- I have a contact list of area residents and can put your question out to them. If you are interested, please get in touch with me. Thanks!
Web Reference: http://www.lisamotisi.com
Why not consider doing a test run, rather than relying on opinions....since commuting to a job is a consideration, distance may be only a small coefficient of the time variable in the overall life-style equation. Time in this situation, is a variable with two parameters—distance and commutability—both of which are needed to analyze scheduling and destination arrival. Check out transportation schedules in conjunction with transport connections and “track” records--on time statistics; employers don’t care where you live. They care that your time spent in their employ coincides with the timeliness of job needs--therefore inform yourself well by continuing to research all methods of transportation and again, their on time arrival statistics, parking locations if needed, etc.
Have your considered the following:

1) Speaking direct with other staff members who might reside in your area.
2) Taking the invested time complete the task yourself

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Loan Officer, Credit Repair Advisor
The Michael Group - Dallas Business Journal Top Ranked Realtors
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com