Jessica, Home Buyer in New York, NY

Public Transportation near BOATWORKS in Bayonne, NJ

Asked by Jessica, New York, NY Mon Jul 7, 2008

I'm interested in buying a home in the Boatworks community in Bayonne, NJ, but work in NYC. How do most people access the 22nd St light rail station from the Boatworks area? Walk? Bus? Drive and park?

Answers

5
If you are interested in Bayonne, do yourself a favor and run, do not walk, out of this town! A reval is coming that is going to devastate the housing market even more than it's already been hurt. There are for sale signs in the thousands in Bayonne with very little happening, except at below-listing prices. Crime is rising at a perilous rate and we just had a gang-related stabbing by our high school. Illegal immigrants and Section 8 housing make up the bulk of new "residents" to Bayonne, and the corrupt and inept politicians here have no plan on how to deal with all of these problems.

If this was 10 years ago I would unhesitatingly advise you to settle here, but having been here all my life I have NEVER seen Bayonne in such a poor state. Garbage all over the potholed streets, roving gangs of "youths" causing all sorts of mischief--day and night, grafitti being applied to virtually all commercial buildings and some homes, car thefts, bar fights involving Bayonne's off-duty cops, etc.

Good luck, but you'd be much better off heading west to Clark, Cranford, Westfield, etc. All great places to live and you can get into the city in LESS time from there than you can from Bayonne, which continues to have the worst public transportation in Hudson County.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 24, 2009
Jessica, if you are interested in byung a home in Boatworks and not have bought one already, we have a property in boatworks that we are looking to sell; Please contact us for more details with your contact information at vemkm@yahoo.com; thank you.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 12, 2009
Hi Jessica,

There is a new shuttle operating in the Boatworks that costs 4$ to the City! yes, to the city. It runs every hour and picks you up from the pool. I am selling my place (the former model unit, a truly incredible unit) and would be pleased to talk with you.

alilling@gmail.com

Feel free to email with questions.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 21, 2008
I live across the street from Boatworks. I walk to the 22nd Street lightrail eeveryday, it takes me 10 minutes, it is not far at all. There is also two buses that take you there. In another year there will be a light rail stop two blocks away. It is a great neighborhood hear for the kids. I always thought the taxes were to high in Boatworks, so I bought a house across the street, half the taxes and actually cheaper for a house. We outgrew the house, so I just put it on the market, I wish I could wait for the new light rail station.
Hi Jessica,

Boatworks is quite a ways from the 22nd St. light rail station.

The best way to figure out your public transportation options is to go to the NJ Transit website: http://www.njtransit.com . They have a neat itinerary planning tool that lets you fill in your departure address and where you are going. Tell it what time you either need to leave or arrive, and how far you are willing to walk. It will give you detailed information on your options. Boatworks has been around for long enough that the website should recognize the street address. If you have a problem, contact me. I used to live not far from the Boatworks.

Joan Prout, MBA
Broker Associate
RE/MAX Villa REALTORS
Jersey City, NJ
mailto:Joan@JoanProut.com
800-671-0596x1
Web Reference: http://www.JoanProut.com