Josy, Renter in Downey, CA

Please! How is the commute from Downey to Huntington Beach? (working hours)

Asked by Josy, Downey, CA Wed Jun 13, 2012

Answers

7
it's perfect if you love to spends a lot of time every day driving. Take a look at the miles you will drive, factor in the cost of fuel, and repairs then add in for your time every day and you will find it wouls be better to live closer to work.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jun 13, 2012
Yes, you're right, it will be stressful and costly. I'm not familiar with the traffic in L.A, I moved from Florida recently. I used to drive 30 miles every day, no traffic at all , was expensive but not too stressful. Thanks Lori, you draw me into the scene.
Flag Thu Jun 14, 2012
I commute from Huntington to Montebello 5 fwy and Slauson my commute is anywhere from 40 min to 70 min 405 to 605 is heavy because of construction. 605 to 5si heavy. Going home 5 to 605 is bad and 405/605 interchange is bad till you pass the 22 fwy. I love the weather here so I don't mind the commute.
Hi Josy,

The commute from Downey to Huntington Beach would be on average 30-40 minutes. Not too bad. Are you thinking of relocating?

Shil
Coldwell Banker Beachside, Realtors
310.600.7198
ShilSellsCali@gmail.com
What do you mean working hours. during the traffic and peak hours? Where in Huntington Beach. Near Huntington Harbour, PCH (not really close to frwy) or downtown Huntington Beach (that can be a 10 min. difference right there) Or off the 405 frwy close to Fountain Valley and Westminster.

Lesley Harris, Realtor
(562) 673-0943

Lesleysells@gmail.com
peak*
Flag Thu Jun 14, 2012
Yes, I meant pick hours. ..the location is between Edinger and Golden West in Huntington Beach.
Thanks!
Flag Thu Jun 14, 2012
I have a friend who makes that commute. Average time is 30 minutes. He takes 605 to 405 to Beach Blvd.
Any more questions, let me know.
Bill Smith
Huntington Beach Realty
I did the same route on a weekend, it took me like 30 minutes too, but I'm not sure if it will be the same during peak hours.
Flag Thu Jun 14, 2012
Basically,it's barely reasonable.
The commute depends on the time of day that you are traveling. The 405 fwy at the 605 fwy is in the process of expansion. The 605 fwy going south is the best way.
Diane