Bergencounty, Renter in Fort Lee, NJ

My husband commutes to NYC and LI throughout the week and prefers to drive (keeping it one hour and under). What are the best places to buy with?

Asked by Bergencounty, Fort Lee, NJ Mon May 3, 2010

these goals in mind?

-1 hour driving commute to LI (1/2 hours to NYC)
- House under 500k with Yard
-"good" school system (i.e. not Englewood, NJ)
-reasonable taxes

Thanks!

Answers

9
It would be Fort Lee but i suggest you buy something in Long Island...(^;^;
There are a number of communities within your required distance of NYC, figuring out the best place to buy becomes a function of your lifestyle requirements and budget. Since you have already decided on what's important to you I'd like to suggest you check out our site and enter that info to see what communities profiled in our database match your requirements. We have spent a lot of time and resources compiling detailed indepth community profiles for communities within a 3 hour radius of NYC and you can search them based on very specific options (transportation type, commuter hub, drive time) and get an accurate insightful report of the features of the communities, what it's like to live there AND what you get for your money.
We're at http://www.bestplace2move.com. We also have http://www.greatschools.net data integrated in our site so you can research schools in each area and decide for yourself what's important to you.

Good luck and have fun
It takes about 1.5 hours from East Brunswick, Metuchen and North Brunswick to get to NYC and Cliffside Park, Little Ferry schools are not what is considered good school system.

Eva Maliarakis
Ridgeco Properties North
My name is Adrienne Soltis and my office is Kelller Williams Elite Realtors..I Actually specialize in East Brunswick, Metuchen, North Brunswick, and Milltown which are all located withen an hour of your commute. I would be more than happy to e-mail you properties that are on the market in your price range and in the areas you request. Feel free to contact me at your convenience call me direct at 732-991-3117 or e-mail me at AdrienneSoltis@gmail.com. Have a great day and I look forward to hearing from you!

Adrienne Soltis
732-991-3117
AdrienneSoltis@gmail.com
For an hour and under commute you have a lot of options if you stick around these certain areas such as Fort Lee, Leonia, Cliffside Park, Edgewater, and also Little Ferry is very close to rt 46 and is about a 15 minute commute depending on Traffic. I live in Little Ferry and work in Fort Lee, I have access to a lot of inventory with homes priced at 500k.

You can reach me on my cell 201 - 755 - 8294 or by E-mail ssaleh@weichert.com

Our office is located in the Heart of Fort Lee on Main street.

Hope that I could be of assistance!

Samantha
Tenafly has the best ( blue ribbon ) school system and it is only minutes from GWB. Closter, Cresskill, Demarest are the next closest towns with superb schools and Fort Lee and Leonia would be the next and closest to the bridge. In the towns above, you will find homes in just about every price range. Englewood Cliffs also has great elementary and middle schools but homes are a bit on the price side.

Eva Maliarakis
Ridgeco Properties North
Why not consider some Long Island areas, such as in Nassau County, Queens County, or westernmost Suffolk County--depending on the time of morning, commuting can be fairly easy and don't forget the Long Island Rail Road system-- should he ever need to commute via train.
Since you will need the GWB your best bet is to have easy access to Rte 4and if you want under $500,000 with good schools I would suggest Fairlawn or Paramus. A little further away but with good houses in your price range and a nice small town feel you could try Hawthorne, Waldwick or Midland Park
Hi Bergencounty,

It all dependes where in NYC and LI he drives to. Oradell is a great town with a good school system that because of the soft real estate market, could be a place to look at . You can e-mail me so that you don't post you address and I will send you a sample of what you can get for under $500,000. Just a complimentary service.

Margarita Lopez-Amaro
Realtor Sales Associate
Prominent Properties Sotheby's International Realty
1608 Lemoine Ave, Fort LEe, NJ 07024
Office (201)585-8080 x 224
Direct (201)390-3542
Margarita.sothebys.realty@gmail.com