Bri2mac, Other/Just Looking in Ballston Spa, NY

My husband and I are looking at a house on Kaleen Drive in Ballston Spa. How often do trains run behind the house?

Asked by Bri2mac, Ballston Spa, NY Sat Sep 24, 2011

Answers

6
Bill Eckler-Florida,’s answer
Bri2mac,

Consider contacting Jesse Lena. He's an excellent local agent with years of experience and is familiar with the railway of which you speak. As a matter of fact he may reside near it himself....great resource!

518-369-2730

0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 25, 2011
They actually often idle right outside the neighborhood. My opinion would be to go to the area at various times of the day to see if it is a situation you could live with. As well, if you see a neighbor, ask them their opinion of the frequency and disturbance caused by the trains.

Feel free to contact me with any questions at all.

Vincent Forbes
RealtyUSA
518-925-1224
I live much further away and hear them clearly. But not often enough to care. Kaleen is right across from the playing fields for the Recreational Sports league and an easy ride to the bike trail- a great area!

That's a cute area, right by the playing fields and an easy ride to the wonderful Zim bike trail. If you ever need any other information in this area, I'd love to chat.

Gail Weiss
NYS Licensed Salesperson
Office: 518-724-5862
gweiss@KW.com
Bri2Mac,
I see that you have received some good feedback about the trains in that area and if you ever have any other questions or need any help in that area.... Give me a call, text or email directly... I just sold another house in the Actual Town itself and they love it!
The freight trains run around 3-4 times per day. The Amtrak trains are much shorter and quieter and also run around 3-4 times a day. I live on the other side of the village also.
I live on the other side of the village, and I can hear the trains at my house! I like the sound of them off in the distance, but I cannot imagine them running SO CLOSE to my house. I have noticed a lot of turn over in homes on Kaleen Drive, and my guess is that the trains play a big role in that.

You can't beat the Village of B'Spa for its small town charm, close knit, friendly people, restaurants, activities, and it's location is excellent.

Hope this helps.

Jodi