Katarzyna, Other/Just Looking in Smithtown, NY

My car was stolen from my driveway. Any chance I mind find my car? If I find my car ,would it be the same ?

Asked by Katarzyna, Smithtown, NY Thu Jun 5, 2008

Answers

3
According to my experience of helping thousands of homeless families to move off homelessness, it seemed to me you did not pay car loan, and your car was repo by the bank or lender.

Basically, they would monitor your driveway to see when your car would be there, and they will repo your car in early morning, like 4am while you are sleeping to avoid confrontation.

So, if you or any one who was not able to pay car loans, one experience Two Income Trap, the book written by Harvard Law Professor, says is not to park your car at your driveway, one husband parked at the elementary school parking lot and walk home so that driveway has no car.
In response to the husband that parked at the elementary school parking lot, if he doesn't pay his bills anymore, is it still his car to be hiding?
Flag Mon Jul 9, 2012
After you have reported the theft to the police and insurance company, you know of course, coverage of the loss by insurance is the major part of all this. In some cases the insurance company will pay for a rental for a few weeks until you can get another car. My opinion is; if the car was stolen by a pro you will never see it again as it probably already has been chopped up for parts. If the car was stolen for a joy ride you might see it again minus a new tire or two ( you'll see very old tires on the car as a viable substitute if its been on the street for a while) but otherwise it will probably be in fair condition with a couple of beer bottles thrown in the back, for good measure. Call the police every few days to see if it is in one of their car compounds.
Oh dear. As well as reporting to the police and your insurance company, you might want to post the description, a photo of the model and plate number on a few community message boards. I'm not sure this is the place for it, but you never know, somebody may see it driving around!