How, Other/Just Looking in 91789

Morning rush hour commute from Los Feliz or Pasadena to Beverly Hills

Asked by How, 91789 Wed Jul 18, 2007

How long does it take to get from Los Feliz area and from Pasadena to west LA area in the mornings on the freeways? My Girlfriend works in Pasadena and I work in west LA area. I'm trying to figure out place for us to live that is in the middle or slightly closer to Pasadena..but is safe and has nearby places (shops/restuarants) to walk around (similar to Pasadena/Los Feliz). Thanks!

Answers

6
Hi there,
I live slap bang in the middle of Los Feliz - The 5 is generally a nightmare during the usual rush hours etc - I tend to use Hollywood Blvd all the way into Hollywood itself or Franklin - Both are normally pretty good all the time. You tend to find little short cuts once you live the in the area for a while - Los Feliz Blvd is now my biggest problem - It really is a nightmare now - Again though there are a few ways round it. I have lived here for 10 years now and have notice traffic ALL OVER LA having gotten much worse. So look for a travel time of anywhere between 35-40 mins to the westside on a good day and anything up to 90 mins at peak times. I travel all the time though and have to say Burbank airport is one of the best things about being over this side - It's such a joy to use over LAX. Morning trips to Pasadena have never been a problem for me - Freeway always seems to be flowing.
Hope this helps a little - Cannot recommend Los Feliz enough!
Cheers
Jeff
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 15, 2008
I live in Silver Lake and know Silver Lake, Los Feliz, very well. Great areas to live in.It's very easy to get to Pasadena from either of those areas. In none rush hours it's 20min. in rush house maybe 40mins. West La takes longer could be an hour or so but I prefer to stay off freeways and take streets on that commute.Check out my website to learn about neighborhoods. http://www.karennumme.com Don't hesitate to call me if you want more info. 323.804.2008
Web Reference: http://www.karennumme.com
I spend a lot of time in LA. Figure about 45 minutes from Los Feliz. From Pasadena you could be looking at an hour or hour and fifteen minutes. It's slow in that direction in the morning. Same thing in the afternoon.
Hello How.

Silver Lake and Eagle Rock are great areas to live in. Close to all the major freeways (2,134,5,101) and sidestreets. Eagle Rock is a great area, will all new shops and resturants opening on Colorado Blvd and Eagle Rock Blvd. It's a trendy area comparaison to Silver Lake and Los Feliz.. Blue ribbon school systems. I moved alot of my friends in the area and they all love it. Some have even started their own businesses.

If you would like to receive a list of active homes in the area, please call me. 323-252-4310-Cell

Hope to hear from you soon.
Web Reference: http://www.tomandjason.com
Just a FYI, Studio City is a nice place, but it is nowhere close to being as walkable as Pasadena. However it does match your required to being in the middle.
hi howard. i grew up in los angeles. lived right in the city, probably 10 minutes from beverly hills. while i only visit there once a month these days, when i lived there a few years ago the commute to beverly hills was always a pain (except in off hours). it's not easily accessed by any freeway so during rush hour it's troublesome. i imagine heading in from the pasadena direction could only make it worse since there tends to be more inbound traffic in the AM hours to los angeles area then outbound traffic. however, i always traveled using the 405. not sure how the 101 would be.

the best way to head into the city from the valley during rush hours is by "going over the hill" - ie, by taking the streets. there are some pretty quick short cuts through the mountains.