Ann Williams, Other/Just Looking in Philadelphia, PA

Los Angeles Airport - to Amtrak Station in LA

Asked by Ann Williams, Philadelphia, PA Wed Feb 20, 2008

I'm staying at the Marriott Hotel at the LA airport. I want to go the Amtrak Station in LA to catch a train to San Diego.
How can I do that and how long will it take? Is that the least expensive way to San Diego?

Answers

2
You can get from LAX to Union Station easily if you use the flyaway shuttle which costs $4. Yes, it isn't a typo only four dollars. From there you can take Amtrak to San Diego. Make sure to check the sign on the Flyaway bus, becuase if you take the wrong one you will end up in Van Nuys which won't help you. Look for the one that says Union Station. The bus stops are at every terminal, just look for the sign.

You can check out the schedule using this link. http://www.metro.net/default.asp

Good Luck. Enjoy your time in LA and good for you taking public transport. You are helping to reduce the impact on the environment.
They are not close. LAX is on the Westside and the Amtrak is downtown. It would take about 45 minutes by car with little traffic. I'm not sure what public transportation is available. A taxi would cost quite a bit. San Diego is a 2 hour drive. The train is quite inexpensive there and back and nice to take in the scenery. I would call your hotel and ask them about transportation to Amtrak. Enjoy your trip.