Nat, Home Buyer in Chicago, IL

Is there a way to search for properties close to el train stops only?

Asked by Nat, Chicago, IL Sun Feb 24, 2008

I want to live near an el stop so that I don't have to buy another car for the family and deal with all of the extra insurance, parking etc. I would like to buy a house near the el. Suggestions for searching just near el stops?

Answers

4
Jeff Kropp’s answer
If you hire an agent, we have the ability to draw polygon maps over areas along the el train. This is important since in the past we could only draw with squares, and the el curves through the city. This new tool is very useful I just set up a search for a buyer using it. Good luck!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Feb 28, 2008
This is a very easy thing for a real estate professional to do. I specialize working with buyer's and I'm asked this question almost every day. Being close to major transportation is a very important thing for buyer's just like you. The best thing you can do is find a Realtor to work for you. You will never owe any commissions for their representation and they will do all the research for you. All you'll need to do is make sure your financially sound to make the purchase and sit back while your Realtor shows you properties they've hand selected for you based on proximity to the "EL" stop.
a realtor can do a coordinate search so you can get all of the listings that meet your price and size criteria near a particular EL stop. for instance if you wanted to be by the blue line at North/ Damen and Milwaukee I would search for 1200-1900 north and 1700-2300 west.

Stacy
Web Reference: http://www.condochicago.com
Hi Nat

Searching for properties only by "el" stops gets a little tricky. 2 Options
1) Use a Map Based Search like Trulia or Zillow and see which homes pop up. Problems are that not every home for sale is listed on these sites. I'm not too sure on the stats but I would say at least they are missing 35% of all active listings

2) Best Bet- Ask a Realtor. We have access to the MLS database and have the ability to narrow down searches- Plus it will show you 100% of homes listed not only a fraction.

I will be happy to send you a email of properties- Just let me know which "el" stops and price point.

Thanks!

Nick
Web Reference: http://www.KaleRealty.com