Samoth, Home Buyer in San Jose, CA

Is the traffic volume too high on Meridian between blossom hill and camden?

Asked by Samoth, San Jose, CA Mon May 19, 2008

I am planning to look for houses in 95120 and found some houses on Meridian. I am just trying to see if the traffic noice is a nuance in that area?

Answers

6
CJ Brasiel’s answer
Geotal,

I have lived in that area and ridden my bike quite a bit on Meridian to get out to Almaden Valley. The section you are talking about has a curve and it is amazing how fast people drive through that area. I agree with others it becomes a matter of personal taste on how much "asphalt ocean" you want for the price. Many will say it is like living near any noise, eventually you don't notice it.

I also agree double paned windows and bedroom location in the home are key. There are many deals to be had in these types of areas as they are always more difficult to sell. I would suggest parking and walking up and down the street section. Hang out for a bit and you will get a feel for how busy it is and whether or not that seems too much for you.

CJ
Web Reference: http://www.TalkToCJ.com
Hi Geotal,
I agee with the other agents excellent advice, the only thing I would add for your consideration is the resale value, with a noisy street buyers tend to not even look there so if this property suites your needs make sure the price is less than comparables. Because in the future when you go to sell it you are going to have to price it less than the comparables. If you need assistance just call or email me, I'm here to help.
Allyson
408-705-6578
allyson@homesbyallyson.com
Hello Geotal,

I agree with Cheryl. I had a client that lived on Blossom Hill Road and they had dual pane windows. When you were inside you could barely hear anything from the outside! They were very happy with the location since it is within walking distance to everything. It is not right for everyone, but you will get a great price.
Good luck to you!
Web Reference: http://www.TrishaMotter.com
Geotal, it's all personal preference. Most of the time with double paned windows you can't hear much from the inside of the house. You can probably get a great deal on a home located on a busy street. Most buyers don't want to purchase a home with a lot of traffic. How long has the home been on the market? If it's been a long time on the market, then most likely it's because of the location. Good luck!
Hi Geotal,
Meridian is a fairly busy street in that section. Whether or not it's a nuisance is a matter of personal opinion. Many people live on that street, so it must be okay for them. Visit the area for yourself during different times of the day and see if you find it tolerable. There are also a some homes within a few blocks of Meridian that you may want to check out also.
I work and live in Almaden, so feel free to ask me about any home you have concerns about.
Roland
Geotal,
Meridian is one of the arteries through Almaden, so it does get a fair amount of traffic. You can expect listings on the street will sell for less than those within a neighborhood.
But you will love living in Almaden! I have lived here for 9 years and I love buying & selling homes for my clients here.
I suggest hanging out at TJ Martin park on Meridian to get a sense of the noise and traffic. Only you can determine if it will be an issue for you personally.
Good luck, and happy house hunting!

Linda Baker
Web Reference: http://www.LindaBaker.net