Chilombiana4, Home Buyer in Woodland Hills, CA

Is Thousand Oaks better than woodland hills? ( or vice versa)

Asked by Chilombiana4, Woodland Hills, CA Sun Jan 6, 2013

My husband recently got a job in Thousand Oaks. After looking at surrounding areas, we have decided that we most prefer Thousand Oaks and woodland hills. We have two small children, but coming from Pasadena it is difficult to guess what life might be like in either of these areas, and what living in either one has best to offer... Which city is best?

Answers

6
Janey Bishop’s answer
I have lived in both and enjoy each. Thousand Oaks has more moderate weather but is a little quieter. For some reason good restaurants are harder to find. Has a great Parks and Rec system.

Woodland Hills is nice because there are more restaurants and good school districts but it is regularly over 100* in August and Sept.

Can't go wrong with either one unless you hate the heat.

If you need help let me know.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Jan 6, 2013
If you liked living in Pasadena, you will love Thousand Oaks. Woodland Hills will be more like Glendale.
I know both areas very well so this comparison is based on my own observation.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 4, 2013
For the schools, Thousand Oaks. Conejo valley also has a lot to offer, check out http://www.comejovalleyguide.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Jan 6, 2013
Dear Chilobiana,

They are different, in my opinion.

Woodland Hills is at the far south end of the San Fernando Valley. It would enjoy all the benefits that the Valley has to offer.

Thousand Oaks on the other hand, is in the Conejo Valley, a different Valley beyond the San Fernando. It is a much smaller and quieter area . I believe the area has quite a bit to offer, with it's only difficulty being travel distance to Los Angeles. There are lovely parks, recreation, public services and schools in the area.
Homes are reasonable compared to other areas in Los Angeles. I would recommend a visit to both areas to see for yourself.
The areas are very similar but each has better areas
Good morning,
Thousand Oaks and Woodland Hills are quite comparable. It's just a matter of preference.
Both have beautiful homes in different price ranges.
There are several homes currently available. I'd be happy to email you the info sheets which include several pictures, full description, map if the area, schools and much more.
If this is of interest to you, please send your email address to me directly..
Susan@BeverlyHillsLuxuryFlats.com
Have a wonderful day!
Susan Bo'ur Realtor/Coldwell Banker