Lsergent101, Home Buyer in ,

Is Commuting from sparta to bridgewater a nightmare or doable if you leave early enough?

Asked by Lsergent101, , Sat Apr 6, 2013

We are moving to the sparta area. I'll be commuting to NYC which is no problem. My husband to bridgewater. If he left early enough,say 645am could he do an our commute? Or is this too far?

Answers

8
It's doable. Especially if you are on the side of Sparta that will put you closest to 206 as it will offer another commuting option for you. A family member does a very similar commute and it does work.
It would be very difficult. I work in Sparta and live in Lake Hopatcong which is about 10-15 minutes south of Sparta depending on where you are located. It takes me about 45 minutes to get to Bridgewater not during rush hour. At about 6:45 in the morning, you are looking at an average trip time of about an hour and a half on a good weather day from Sparta. I don't know your price point but I can say that there are homes closer to Bridgewater in Morris County which will give you a faster commute and will give you all of the things that you said you would like. I hope that helps. Best of luck to you wherever you decide to be!

Barbara Bertone
RE/MAX Platinum Group
Sparta, NJ
973-726-5700 office
201-214-8400 cell
That is a large household, so having room inside and outside is important to you. Sussex Couty will give you that for sure. I suggest including western Morris County in your search if you haven't done so already.
We have three dogs (2 German shepherds) and 3 kids. This is the main reason we had to spread out our search. We don't want to buy right away as its a 2yr contract but we want an acre and a half with at least 2600 sq feet. Our current realtors have searched in the vicinity and the options for rentals with these dogs was limited and for the most part very old.
Sparta to NYC is best done by Lakeland Bus - which stops at The Sparta Police Station and The Plaza, and generally takes about an hour;- there are three buses before 8am ; You also have the option of taking the train from Dover to Penn Station NY (15mi).

For Bridgewater, from Sparta you can avoid 15 and 80 by taking a back route that flows into 206 South, to 287 South. The 206 portion between 80 and 287 is about 19 miles - half of which is one lane - and at rush hour between 5 and 6, this one section can be a challenge.
Wow. That is a long commute. It will be very difficult in bad weather too.

Please forgive the pun, but what is driving you out to Sparta? Or do you live there currently and have recently found a new job in Brigewater?

Perhaps I can help you explore some alternative options to this long commute. The commute is doable, but before too long I think it will take a toll on you. As you know, driving in New Jersey takes some patience and is not always easy.

I'll be glad to help you explore your options.

Brian Diehl
Realtor - Sales Associate
Prudential New Jersey Properties
973-521-1061
Brian.Diehl@PrudentialNewJersey.com
I service the Bridgewater area - so many housing options there and in the surrounding communities. If the commute is too much to consider and you want to relocated closer to your work, please allow me to assist you.

To search among all actively listed Bridgewater properties, visit http://www.Homes08807.com

Jeanne Feenick
Unwavering Commitment to Service, Unsurpassed Results
Web Reference: http://www.Homes08807.com
It is probably doable, but just barely. You would most likely take Route 15 to Route 80 to 287 and then down to Bridgewater. The route 80 nexus as well as the 287 nexus can get pretty congested but I would think at 6:45 am it wouldn't be so bad. I would suggest that, if you can, you try the commute out, now while school is still in session, just to see how it goes.