Suzy, Other/Just Looking in Pine Bush, NY

Interested in knowing what the commute would be from New mIlford to NYC. Is there public transportation & how long is the commute?

Asked by Suzy, Pine Bush, NY Sat Dec 18, 2010

Answers

5
Depends on when you travel. If by car, you will hit traffic in the morning exiting I84 on to I684 south and then additional traffic down to Katonah where the Saw Mill Parkway comes in. If you're going to midtown then figure an hour and 40 minutes on a good day and many times close to 2 hours. Same thing on the way back as the Hutchinson River Pwky backs up in lower Westchester as does the exit for I84 and going by the Danbury Mall. In a perfect world with no traffic you might make it in an hour and 20 minutes. Many people take the train from either the Brewster or Southeast station in NY. Train ride is about and hour and 20 minutes if you catch the right trains and an hour and 45 if you don't. Depending on where in New Milford you can figure it will take you close to 30 minutes to actually get door to door to the train. I have a link to metro north on my web site.

Donald A Mituzas
Licensed Associate Broker NY & CT
Web Reference: http://www.nyhomeseller.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 25, 2010
Suzy, You will definitely have a 90 minute drive to NYC. Many commuters will drive to Southeast Station in NY and take Metro North into the city. It will take longer than the 90 minutes but it will be more relaxing. There is talk about having a line run up to New Milford and possibly further north. This is only talk right now. There is a track that runs into New Milford Center but it is presently only used as a Freight Line. Recently there was an expansion of Route 7 up to New Milford. Because of this we will see an increase in the amount of people moving into New Milford which in turn will justify running the Rail Line up to New Milford. I guess we will just have to wait and see. If you are interested in learning more about the area you might like to check out my website at http://www.raypoppe.com.
Hope this helps!
Ray
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 18, 2010
Suzy, there is no public transportation from New Milford to NYC directly. I have clients who live here and work in the city, they take the train from Wingdale NY daily, the Hudson line, I think it is about an hour. Driving is 90 minutes. Others take the train from Brewster NY.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 18, 2010
New Milford, Ct or NJ.......in any event, consider a Google search for public transportation options, Google Maps for directions, etc.--as to how long the commute--much will depend on time of day and method of transport.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 18, 2010
Hi Suzy,

The other option is getting the train in Danbury and commuting into Grand Central. This about a 2 hour ride with a transfer in South Norwalk. Brewster would be a better option with a commute of 88 mintues to Grand Central. Please refer to the following link from the MTA with a station map. The red line is the New Haven, the blue line is the Harlem and the green line is the Hudson. Just click on each station for more information including schedules.

http://www.mta.info/mnr/html/mnrmap.htm