Ksredding, Both Buyer and Seller in Pleasanton, CA

I'm looking at a job in Fremont & a home in Pleasanton. How would the commute be? What hours are worst? What other areas should I consider?

Asked by Ksredding, Pleasanton, CA Thu Jul 29, 2010

for ~$750k?

Answers

5
HI,
All of the other Agent's have pointed out some good things to consider. I think the best option for the Fremont or South Bay commuter: Stay in the Sounth Park of Pleasanton. If can use the Sunol Exit , to entrance in AM and Exit in Eve, you will be thrilled.
There are some wonderful neighborhoods, i.e. "Rosepointe", "Ventana Hills" , "Pleasanton Hills' to name a few, that would provide a nice home in the South part of our City.
I have lived in Pleasanton for the last 14 years, and my husband has commuted south all of those years. We have been very happy on the South/ West Side of Pleasanton.
Feel free to email or call with any questions.
Julia Murtagh
http://www.Juliamurtagh.com
Alain Pinel Realtors
925-997-2411
Web Reference: http://www.juliamurtagh.com
What areas should you consider? Actually it depends on a lot of things.

What is your price range? Do you have children in School? In other words being in a good school district is important? Are you looking for a single family home or will townhouses and condos be Okay? Are you looking for a newer home or old homes are fine? How long of a commute are you willing to deal with?

You should look for an agent that can guide you through the process so that you can see what you are comfortable with and look in that area.

The commute is not too bad from Pleasanton to Fremont, especially if your are taking 84 to 680.freeways. Even if you are going 680 all the way, it is not that bad since they have added more lanes.

Many people are choosing to buy in Pleasanton, San Ramon and Fremont since these areas have very good schools. I can also suggest Castro Valley homes if schools are important.

If I can be of any further help, you can reach me at 925-425-9491.

Meena Gujral
925-425-9491
Help-U-Sell Achievers Realty
Hi KS,
I grew up in Fremont and live in Pleasanton, so I know both areas and traffic patterns very well. Let's not kid ourselves, it's ideal to NOT have a commute, but if you do end up working in Fremont and living in Pleasanton, realistically, you're looking at 20 minutes city limit to city limit and longer depending on actual location and traffic. Timing is key, and if there's an accident, it's not pretty and could take you well over an hour.

Once you decided YES or NO on the job in Fremont, you have a few options of cities to become your hometown and that really depends on your lifestyle and what is important to you.
Best of luck!
Jill Denton
Keller Williams
925.998.7747
The commute can vary quite a bit, depending on where in Fremont you will be and where in Pleasanton you will be, as well as if there is an accident. Plan on 45min to one hour each way as a start. Do you have kids? What are you looking for in a place to live? Pleasanton is great, with a dynamic, charming downtown, good schools, but mostly older houses in your price range (1960's, 1970's mostly). If you want newer homes, then Dubin or San Ramon would be good choices, but for Dublin you will add about 10-15 minutes to your commute, and for San Ramon maybe 20-30. That said, there are a lot of people in San Ramon and Dublin that commute to Fremont and even places further south, because the homes are more affordable, and people like these communities. You can check out my website and get links to the cities mentioned to find out more about them, or provide more information about what you want.
The commute varries can be as little as 15 minutes to as much as 1.5 hours but there are back ways not just the freeway in case you run into one of those major accidents that closes everything down or there is construction traffic. The earlier the better or the later but to be in it right at rush hour will take you the longest amount of time. I have several client's who make this commute daily and if you would like to speak to them I could put you in contact with them and they can tell you there experiences. Let me know how I can be of further assistance.
You do know in September you will have a "Lexus Lane: as they call it which will be a toll lane over the Sunol Grade should you wish to pay to drive but I think many people will take advantage of this during heavy commute times...matter of fact one of my cleint's has negoitiated that his employer pay for this and they have agreed.