R.s. Moran, Other/Just Looking in South Dennis, MA

I live on Searsville rd., which is a narrow, two lane road in a residential area (between Upper County and

Asked by R.s. Moran, South Dennis, MA Fri Jul 25, 2008

Great Western Hwys.) I have begun to notice a lot of semi-tractor trailor traffic that goes quite fast and frequently. Is usage of this road by semi- trucks legal? If not, how can it be controlled? With the amount of pedestrian road-side usage, it's very dangerous. Please advise - regards - concerned South Dennis resident

Help the community by answering this question:


Contact the Highway Department for the Town of Dennis and discuss this with them - I'm certain they will be able to help you. Good luck.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jul 25, 2008
I have looked into this in Hyannis area. Residents can pay for speed bumps and petition to have them installed. I believe the cost is between $300 and $500.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jul 26, 2008
No offense Mark, but the Town of Barnstable, (which Hyannis is a village of) rules and policies have absolutely nothing to do with the Town of Dennis. Different policies, different set of rules, different towns,.
As I said, contact the Highway Department for the Town of Dennis and discuss Searsville Road and your concerns with them - sorry for all the confusion on this forum!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Jul 27, 2008
As you know, we don't have "cities" - we only have towns! Welcome to Cape Cod!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Jul 25, 2008
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer